Dakotagrafx

US Cutter Titan 2 - first glance

will be adding more later as it is checked out more -  stand is ultra heavy duty - most of the reason it was about an hr from open to cutting.   cutter is heavy duty and very quiet  side to side movement of the cutter head is totally quiet - at full speed you can hear the whirring of the vinyl going forward and back - only cut so far was some large letters for a job I have going on so will try smaller stuff in the coming week.   

I installed  a cleancut 60 degree blade right off the bat so I can compare with other cutters I have and have had without the blade influencing the cuts - it takes a standard roland style blade.

packaging was exceptional - the only thing noted was a bend to a top bracket that the cutter attaches to - easy to bend back without any damage to the paint

more later

post-2742-0-69841100-1394751169_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-94280300-1394751172_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-18104900-1394751183_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-20126300-1394751189_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-05678600-1394751196_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-32677600-1394751202_thumb.jp

post-2742-0-91863300-1394751212_thumb.jp

I am so wanting a cutter with Servos. I like my SC but at night I need quieter, and I have servo envy after seeing alot of the servo cutters end product ;D

• Like 1

that is why I am testing the Titan2 and not the Titan one - it has servo motors - has laser assisted registration for contouring - which other than on the versacamm I rarely do - was please to see the similar blade holder retention as the graphtec - the blue is a little loud but hey it's a cutter.  Even in the first hour I put it above the copam I had - need to dial it in and try some small stuff next week to give it a real challenge.   It has separate pressure roller adjustments that scare me from a new user standpoint - how many will play with them when they  should leave them alone.  If the specs are correct this thing should cut about anything we throw at it - has a heavy down force capability - that will be popular with the rhinestoners and those that cut heavy blasting mask  

• Like 2

I am getting used to the blue but how am I to stay awake when it is so quiet?

• Like 3

true to my normal experience the basket made it on for the pic and is already off and stored away - where I have it in the living room for testing it just made it too wide to walk around - it is a nice basket though.   

Those adjustable rollers look a lot like the ones on my original cheap Sign Warehouse cutter...

here is the first smaller cut - I can't go smaller with my eyes - will have to have Stacey try one smaller sometime - I blew out the letters cause I couldn't see good enough  - not bad with no real set up other than blade depth

post-2742-0-21665800-1394754755_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Those adjustable rollers look a lot like the ones on my original cheap Sign Warehouse cutter...

I can assure you that this cutter is not cheap in any way.

• Like 1

What drivers are compatiable? If you use flexi .....i suppose signblazer probably would not work with it

No....not at this time. They are working on a driver pack for the older Flexi software.  Right now I just design in Flexi, save as an .ai and import to SCALP and cut

No....not at this time. They are working on a driver pack for the older Flexi software.  Right now I just design in Flexi, save as an .ai and import to SCALP and cut

It will be something to look at. I want to upgrade this year I will follow this thread and see what you and Scott think as it goes along.

• Like 4

Looks like the same single lock lever for the rollers like a Graphtec. Love to abuse a smaller one for overflow and events but budget is too tight right now. I use my machines by the theory that if it's breakable I'll find a way :) So far the LP2 hasn't broke and the Graphtec is still going strong and although I loved the LP1 I had to multiple rebuilds in the carriage area. Maybe the Titan will be my next guinea pig around the shop. 

• Like 1

Looks like it's built stout. With that kind of down pressure I would think it will be a pretty big hit with the servo motors and all. Is that a knife slit for cutting off the vinyl about 3 inches down from the cutting strip? Hard to tell if it's meant to be used for that or not, maybe it's just a panel edge. 

You gonna add the Titan to you signature now? By that I mean is it something you'd be comfortable with as a daily cutter or just a backup machine.

Looks like it's built stout. With that kind of down pressure I would think it will be a pretty big hit with the servo motors and all. Is that a knife slit for cutting off the vinyl about 3 inches down from the cutting strip? Hard to tell if it's meant to be used for that or not, maybe it's just a panel edge. 

it looks like a slit for a knife - almost like they had a plan for a special one to slide on there as it has a slight indent around it.  

You gonna add the Titan to you signature now? By that I mean is it something you'd be comfortable with as a daily cutter or just a backup machine.

I would use it as a daily cutter but don't think the graphtec is going anywhere any time soon.   I have quite a "bunch" of cutters I have experience with and this is standing up with the better part of them - this would be right under the grraphtec, roland then the titan2 from what I have seen so far.     my past experience has been with p-cut, several mh series refines, copam, graphtec fc-4100, several ce5000, qe60+ (x2 or 3) Roland pnc-1250, several gx-24's and now the titan2

• Like 2

well, folks....In am successfully cutting on the Titan2 with FLEXI....8.1 in fact. There is a way. UNtil somebody at USC posts how, just email me and I will send you the driver and instructions.

YIPPEEEEE

• Like 5

I just got a test cut using ve-lxi-master plus - too tired tonight to do much testing but I am soooooo happy with that 

• Like 2

ok part way thru this I realized I need to adjust the offset to get a better cut but still gives an idea of the fine detail it can do

post-2742-0-82229600-1394907930_thumb.jp

I was thinking about upgrading to a graphtec or a summa in the near future. Thinkin' I'll keep an eye on this rig.

just adjusted the offset in ve-lxi to .025 (defaulted to .020 in the program)  and made all the difference in the world - using 60 degree cleancut blade

Would you mind terribly if I was request you to cut the file I mentioned in this post and report the results?

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/43662-cutting-small-files/

sluggo - I just weeded that eagle twice with a jewelers loop - think I am done for now - to be honest if you are looking to do microscopic cuts I still like the graphtec ce-6000 for $1800 - but for almost everything else this is a fine cutter.  I was just trying to see what it did on small stuff and really can't do that stuff anymore like I used to as my eyes have gotten worse over the past 2 years - 

here is the second eagle after the offset change.

the eagle without the banner above his head is 1.1" tall  - so this is really smaller than I would expect the adhesive to be effective for a long time

post-2742-0-39086800-1394912524_thumb.jp

I am comparing this to a cutter that cost $450 more and in most areas it is holding it's own - testing continues.    remember that the $450 gets you auto registration mark sensor if that is important to you and if you are doing micro work like the model plane dashboards Sluggo is doing the graphtec is still the leader - for 98 percent of what I do this does a great job in what I am seeing for quite a bit less money.