Well as I thought the day couldn't be any worse I got a package in the mail. It was my replacement parts for my cutter so when I got home I opened the cutter up and put the new motherboard and power supply in and put it all back together plugged it in and it worked that made my day better. So I put the cutter back on the stand pull out some free sample vinyl plug it in to the computer then go to set all my settings and none of the buttons are what they are supposed to be and I know everything is plugged back in correct on the boards cause i took pics before I unhooked the old ones to make sure it went back together right.  I'm hoping ken will know what the problem is. will post pics in a bit to show what buttons are doing what  here are pics where I wrote down what all the buttons seem to be funtioning as

post-1933-12986517006307_thumb.jpg

post-1933-12986517007125_thumb.jpg

post-1933-1298651704679_thumb.jpg

post-1933-12986517047119_thumb.jpg

any thoughts on this problem yet Ken

Yea, maybe I should have sent you the blue replacement motherboard. I did not think they made a difference, but maybe they do.

well got a chance to put the new motherboard in today and still haveing the same problem the cutter cuts just fine just all of the buttons functions are mixed up

Just trying to brainstorm here... but is there a chance that the two patch cables in the picture on the left side were connected backwards (not at the motherboard, but wherever they go)?