I am doing some decals for a customer, and I was checking pricing!!! 10 @ 20"x2" easy weeding in 651 and 20 @ 10"x5" same.... Using the pricing formula L+ W. Divided x2.... It seems like a lot!! Is that what everyone else would use??? Thanks

I just do this as a hobby and am not trying to make a living at it so take this as you may. Personally I'd look at it this way, you are using about $6 in vinyl, another dollar or two for application tape, so round up and say $10 in material. How much time will you spend on this project? Figure that and give yourself a rate of say $40/hour. Double the material cost and add in your labor and there you go. If it's as easy to weed as you indicate I'd guess an hour of time, maybe two so your price would be $60-$100.

I just do this as a hobby and am not trying to make a living at it so take this as you may. Personally I'd look at it this way, you are using about $6 in vinyl, another dollar or two for application tape, so round up and say $10 in material. How much time will you spend on this project? Figure that and give yourself a rate of say $40/hour. Double the material cost and add in your labor and there you go. If it's as easy to weed as you indicate I'd guess an hour of time, maybe two so your price would be $60-$100.

Plus wear and tear on equipment and etc. Even hobby ppl need to figure in replacement cost of goods and equipment used. Knife blades dull, picks dull, cutter blades dull, and even belts and other parts break on cutters, all factors in pricing. I may not have the huge overhead of a full time shop, but I am looking to expand and keep my equipment running.

Not trying to be rude if it sounds that way, just pointing out the areas I think should also be considered. By no means do I make a killing doing this work. LOL I am a warehouse rat full time.

• Like 2

I agree with EL. I always use the L+w/2 method and it seems to work pretty good for me.

• Like 1

I agree with EL. I always use the L+w/2 method and it seems to work pretty good for me.

+1 I use the same method.