LKline

1 last kink......

Mh-871 cutter, ordered the keyspan and left with one last problem.

I've noticed people say do not ( if possible ) use your cutter on carpet. Well, I have no other option, between how much I use it, the hassle of re-routing my hardwired connection to my desktop and actually moving my desktop, it's just not feasible.

My question is this. Is that because of static, or because the cutter won't truly be 100% level. Should I prop the 4 stand swivels on garden blocks of just put plastic under the wheels?

Its because of static. But you can put cardboard under it to help this. I have had mine on carpet sense I've had it.

• Like 1

The MH cutters seem like they are especially susceptible to static. I have a different model and don't have any trouble running on carpet.

Radio Shack had a anti static mat at one time not sure if they still do. It was for computer repair ppl. another idea would be an office chair mat to go under it. Or as Dawn said cardboard

• Like 1

My recent P-Cut had static issues and I bought some of the anti-static cling spray that women use on their skirts and just hosed the area down if I was having problems or thought I might. It worked great and a spray can lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.

I lied, 1 more thing. I figured this Tripp-Lite would come with proper adapters but I guess not. Can someone send either a Newegg or Walmart link with the male adapter I need that goes from the keyspan to my cutter?

I lied, 1 more thing. I figured this Tripp-Lite would come with proper adapters but I guess not. Can someone send either a Newegg or Walmart link with the male adapter I need that goes from the keyspan to my cutter?

Didn't your vinyl cutter come with a serial cable?  If so, connect the end to the Keyspan adapter, then to cutter. 

Just hooked MH871 up to a keyspan, and now my cutter won't connect??? I already went into device manager and everything shows ok. Any idea? Com port passed the test also. Sure Cuts a Lot 3

-Edit- Already tried switching the com ports inside SCAL with my cut and it just times out, the cutting bar literally takes 30 seconds to test cut something, yet the cutter won't move. On "Auto" I get the connection screen where it says to unplug cutter, yadda yadda yadda.

Just went through all 30 pages of the PDF file, all the ports and parallel and still stuck.

post-54893-0-94089100-1395714269_thumb.j

did you change your baud rate to 4800 per UScutter  set up. instructions? 

IMPORTANT:
The Baud Rate in the cutter settings needs to be changed from 9600 to 4800.
Turn on your cutter and follow the steps below.
Press the
Setup button
once or twice and look for
Baud Rate
Press the
Reset button

set up instructions

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/mh-series-vinyl-cutter-setup.html

Nope, I just did.

Used the test button, it cut.

Loaded something in SCAL, selected com port 3 on the cutter settings and the green bar loaded, didn't cut anything

Put the cut setting on auto and the connection screen came up ( never got a green bar )

Have you tried shutting everything down,  reboot  you computer, and start again.   If that doesn't work contact UScutter tomorrow, They can remote your computer, and make sure all it set up correctly. 

I'll try that tomorrow, I'm fed up tonight. I beat Google up all night and over it. Thanks man.

I'll try that tomorrow, I'm fed up tonight. I beat Google up all night and over it. Thanks man.

ummmm he's a she .. . .  just saying we love our skeeter!

• Like 4