ACJ GRAPHICS

CAN THIS BE TURNED INTO A VECTOR?

That's a very impressive result for the amount of time it took you! Many would consider that a done deal. Looking forward to the cleaned up version.

• Like 1

Thanks, Sluggo... but, I only threw that up here to appease and stall for more time. Got a full plate again this eve.

Skarekrow does impressive work. He has done some for me that I paid for and they look really good.

• Like 2

So, I've been a member on this forum, SignForums, and a few other forums.  One thing remains consistent.  Any site that hosts an area where people can request vectors, you have a couple things that remain the same from one forum to the other

1. You get some folks who look at it as having a free graphic design company at their disposal

2. You get some folks who look at it as reducing the need to learn things and increase their skills

3. You get some folks who don't want the forum to come off as unhelpful and are always donating their time and skills just to keep harmony

4. You get some folks who see that, and say something about it (rightfully so) and then a brawl ensues

I can say that this is without a doubt the nicest ending to a conversation like this I've seen, and it shows what types of folks are 'round here :)

Having said that, I'm not coming back into the game at 100%.  It's going to take some time to get back in my groove, but I have a suggestion.

1. How about donations after XX amount of fulfilled requests in XX amount of time.  Everyone's time is worth something.  I'm sure you don't want to turn the boards into a Vectorizing Business, but maybe a donation could be made to the person who spends 30 minutes or an hour working on someone else's artwork that in many cases, they're getting paid for

2. How about hosting some online/conferences geared around training people with some of the more commonly used graphics programs showing them how to do some basic things such as tracing, cleanup etc.  It could be advertised a month or so in advance, and people can sign up for it.  10 bucks admission for an hour or two of training by some of the vets around here.  

When I was starting out I definitely would have paid 10 bucks to learn some stuff

Maybe there are legitimate reasons why NONE of this would work, and that's fine, but seeing the same thing through the years, from one board to another I just figured - There's got a be a better way to get folks help, and to help folks get better.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but really more in general - so NOBODY should take any offense to what I'm saying here.  I know in years past, I've done some tutorials around here on different things - which are largely outdated, but some of the stuff can easily be updated too...

Just my .02 cents since my plotter showed up and my 2 yr old has me watching Despicable Me instead of setting it up :(

• Like 2

Thanks, Sluggo... but, I only threw that up here to appease and stall for more time. Got a full plate again this eve.

take your time. like i said i'm still trying trust me i hate bothering people i would like to do it myself ( sooner then later) but i hear mixed reviews on what program to use and inkscape never has worked right for me. i'm still trying thanks for understanding!!

Nicely done, Torch... Slick & Smooth. Appreciate what you said as well, Vm.

Here's the Chevelle... I stopped short on the touch-ups.

post-43059-0-78809000-1397004461_thumb.p

• Like 7

Both of you do amazing work. Very impressive.

Nicely done, Torch... Slick & Smooth....
thanks skarekrow, you take generosity, dedication, helpfulness and technical detail to a whole new level, so I chipped in some final touch-ups, because I thought your drawing was cool, and I think I was right...

:)

post-25561-0-76669300-1397084032_thumb.p

chevelle_ss.eps

• Like 2

Nice combo! You guys make a great team! Love the rims and touch ups Signtorch and the body lines Skare.