Sign in to follow this  
mr300s

Can you Folks at the Post Office Get Any Slower !! I Mean Really...

I order all the time from China and I am telling you I can order today and it is  sent  DHL or Fed Ex tracking info included  and in three days or less (YES 3 DAYS) it is in my hand.

This last week all of my packages are taking at least twice that long in the U.S.

OK,   Yes there has been some bad weather ,  but really and it's still not there...
I  guess the other carriers go around the weather somehow ...

post-2057-0-79843500-1394492139_thumb.jp

look later in the day,  this evening...  that is only 5 business days.  Isn't that FIRST CLASS?     About right for that area... 

something is definitely wrong. I sent out a package LAST Monday and not a tracking update since it left my town. And it's been like this for a few weeks now.

• Like 1

I so hate the post office any more.  I avoid them at all costs.  Their tracking sucks...  delivery times suck and they wonder why they keep losing money.

I so hate the post office any more.  I avoid them at all costs.  Their tracking sucks...  delivery times suck and they wonder why they keep losing money.

But everyday,  UPS, FEDEX, DHL and other carriers are sitting at the USPS picking up/dropping off  their smaller packages to finish their deliveries. (They are here in my town)  Because USPS shipping prices are cheaper than theirs. There is a POST OFFICE, in most any town, but not the larger carriers...So they just have the items shipped to the Post offices, then UPS, Etc picks them up.   Last week,  A DHL package from New Jersey, was shipped to my  post office then delivered by my mail carrier.  It went past Indiana to Kentucky and back to Indiana and was late.    So when you order online with UPS, or other carriers, there is no guarantee, who is going to deliver the smaller packages.  I have also had UPS shipments from California, delivered by my mail carrier. 

I have a friend who works at the Post Office. He told me if they cut out Saturday delivery it would be utter Chaos...they can barely get the mail delivered in 6 days much less 5. I think part of the problem is that they are hiring so much temporary help who do NOT come into the union in the first year and once they figure out it is actually hard work and not the easy money they thought it was, they quit. So you have a high turnover and a lot of inexperienced workers

look later in the day,  this evening...  that is only 5 business days.  Isn't that FIRST CLASS?     About right for that area... 

I Would  say that's seven days the 3rd was Monday they are open help a day on Sat.  Now its showing the 10th and it a still not there that's seven full days?

You printed your label on Sunday the 2nd..,  and took to post office Monday the 3rd.  They accepted it on the 3rd.   Shipping days are considered business days on EBAY.  Monday to Friday.  Not counting the day it was shipped.

have had them lose at least 6 packagees for up to 3 weeks - some priority - when you reprint a special order and then the original priority mail package shows up 3 weeks later they will deny any claim because it was delivered . .  .eventually - so printer pays twice and they claim no responsibility 

• Like 2

have had them lose at least 6 packagees for up to 3 weeks - some priority - when you reprint a special order and then the original priority mail package shows up 3 weeks later they will deny any claim because it was delivered . .  .eventually - so printer pays twice and they claim no responsibility 

Exactly.  There service has gotten horrible!  I bought something off ebay last month.  Should have taken 3 days to get it.  Back and forth with the seller over a 3 week period, even with a claim filed with the post office for lost item.  Finally got a refund, bought an identical item off ebay from another seller and it showed up in 3 days...... only to have the original item finally arrive at my house 4 and a half weeks after ship date.

I have had more trouble with them in the past year or so than I ever have in the previous 10.... in fact, never a problem 

• Like 3

I ordered toner from California and it usually gets here Friday and it did just just 2 Friday's later than usual.

That is one of the reasons the usps is in such a financial bind because people prefer ups or fedx even for very small items and envelopes. You pay a little more but better service for the most part.

found out a package sent out last friday has made it 2.5 hrs so far - and guess what - another lost non tracking package to ncy. I gotta learn some day

Where I live in small town,  they have a UPS section in a DO IT BEST hardware store, and they charge an extra $2.00 per package shipped, handling fee for the store.  UPS is already high.  So my option IS POST OFFICE.  And I can even take my items at night,  like I'm getting ready to do right now, before another storm hits here.  It is old post office,  still has the bigger package chute.  I can put in 6" x 6" x 30"L boxes.  No problem. 

Where I live in small town,  they have a UPS section in a DO IT BEST hardware store, and they charge an extra $2.00 per package shipped, handling fee for the store.  UPS is already high.  So my option IS POST OFFICE.  And I can even take my items at night,  like I'm getting ready to do right now, before another storm hits here.  It is old post office,  still has the bigger package chute.  I can put in 6" x 6" x 30"L boxes.  No problem. 

wish ours still had that chute - but nooooo we updated  Grrrrrr

• Like 1

wish ours still had that chute - but nooooo we updated  Grrrrrr

I just got back.  I'm done shipping for the night.  LOL 

I just got back.  I'm done shipping for the night.  LOL 

LOL Now your ready for that white stuff Carolyn

LOL Now your ready for that white stuff Carolyn

LOL,  Did your package make it yet?    Yes, I'm ready now. 

LOL,  Did your package make it yet?    Yes, I'm ready now. 

Yes Finally nine days My nephew in Webster NY just sent me a message Blizzard warnings they are going to get hit hard.

I am on my way out to water hunt for that gold with the metal detector LOL

post-2057-0-06838300-1394631607_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Let me know when you find that gold and I'll help you spend it before the government taxes it away. ;D

But everyday,  UPS, FEDEX, DHL and other carriers are sitting at the USPS picking up/dropping off  their smaller packages to finish their deliveries. (They are here in my town)  Because USPS shipping prices are cheaper than theirs. There is a POST OFFICE, in most any town, but not the larger carriers...So they just have the items shipped to the Post offices, then UPS, Etc picks them up.   Last week,  A DHL package from New Jersey, was shipped to my  post office then delivered by my mail carrier.  It went past Indiana to Kentucky and back to Indiana and was late.    So when you order online with UPS, or other carriers, there is no guarantee, who is going to deliver the smaller packages.  I have also had UPS shipments from California, delivered by my mail carrier. 

I don't believe you'll find UPS (or any other parcel company for that matter) picking up packages at the USPS to be delivered. As example UPS offers a ground saver option which does use the USPS as the final link or leg in delivery and more often than not, adds another day to the transit time. The decision to use this is designated by the shipper at time of labeling and can be avoided if one is willing to pay the standard ground rate.

While some marvel at the ability to track a package's path with pinpoint accuracy when compared to a decade ago, few actually stop to factor in the expen$e that feature has added to each package's transit co$t today. Technology has it's price. Speaking of, did I just hear today is the Interwebz's 25th B-day?

With a hub routing concept as utilized by most small parcel carriers it may appear ludicrous for a parcel to be routed beyond it's destination and then back at first glance. But it is generally the most efficient means of transport when one considers the number of small parcels in a trailer and the fact they are all traveling together, yet to different ultimate destinations. 

Well its not 10 million but its a start ;D

IMG_1872.jpg

• Like 2

You can thank the Post Office for that find after all they have been trying to teach you the value of patience.  :rolleyes:

So I am having all kinds of folks ask Where is my package :huh:  I mean the Post office doesnt have to answer to anyone it seems and they are giving us the bad name.  Some people blame us although you can clearly see that we shipped it same day?

I have not received this cover yet. I know it's probably usps but maybe you could complain I should have gotten it by the 13 according to shipping info. Any idea?

It is passed arrival time for my phone case. I havent received tracking updates since march 10th. Where is my item?

Here is the tracking,   OK its been Sunny and in the 80s here. I would say the weather isn't an issue 5 days just to leave Florida?  Come On what the hell is going on  !!!!!

post-2057-0-74551500-1394927135_thumb.jp