randyb

best application tape for 651

What do you guys recommend for transfer tape when using Oracal 651,used on race cars

I am thinking about trying the new 

RTape Clear Choice AT75

+2 for paper. I use some high tack and some medium depending on the situation. 

+3 for paper.  I am addicted to RTape Conform Series 4076-RLA paper tape for all of the work I install myself.  The RLA is short for Release Liner Adhesive, which means that it sticks to the backing paper and doesn't curl up around the corners and edges like a lot of other tapes will do.

I still use some clear tape for decals intended for retail sale, but only until I use it all up.

• Like 2

I have Oracal 651 and tried using Rtape 4075 RLA, but it won't grab onto my vinyl at all. I can coax it to stick with some exhaustive, little-by-little pressing and peeling but I can't send this to customers via mail. Would 4076 be better? I'd be sending out car decals via mail so the ability to have it stay good for delivery and maybe rolled up into tubes for larger stickers is important. Suggestions?

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong with the 4075 I've got? squeegeed the hell out of it but no stick.

I used 4075 for years w/o issue but the 4076 is more aggressive which may be what you need.

Looking at reviews for 4075 tape, it seems a lot of people have been having low tack issues right alongside with people praising the tape (not jsut uscutter, but other sites/forums). Maybe there's some inconsistencies in the quality of it and I'm unlucky. Because the tack on this "high tack" stuff I've got is ridiculous. Only thing it can stick to is itself!

Greenstar seems to have good reviews with some expressing previous woes with rtape. I should have done more research I guess -_-

I have greenstar and 4076RLA. Both work fine but the greenstar doesn't stick to the back so I wouldn't give it to the end user just to reduce the risk of them having it lift and touch itself