mmwilson

Sign Blazer Cut Set up

My computer crashed trying to set up cutter on new computer. I have a US Cutter Refine MH721 cutter.  I got sign blazer installed.  What cutter and out device do you choose in the cut setup?  thanks 

• Like 1

Thanks but it is still not communicating with cutter.  When I unplug from the computer I can hear the beep sound and when I press cut it looks like it is going to but the cutter does not start. 

If you are plugging and unplugging your cutter cable into your computer, while your computer is on, you can be making your computer assign a new com port number. , Then it will not match the com port number in Signblazer.  Only plug your cutter cable in, when your computer is shut off. Then turn the computer and cutter on.    First get the com port numbers to match in Signblazer and the device manager of your computer.

What should I do if my com port is not listed in signblazer. device manager shows it in com5 . signblazer only shows up to com4.

You can reasign com numbers via the windows control panel under device management.

What should I do if my com port is not listed in signblazer. device manager shows it in com5 . signblazer only shows up to com4.

Follow the path as indicated here  ---

CONTROL PANEL / System / Hardware / Device Manager / Ports (expand) / COM (right click for properties) / Port Settings tab / Advanced button / Com Port Number (drop-down list) ---  choose 4 or less.

• Like 1

It should come up in Device Manager when you power up your plotter and plug the cord into you computer.

the cutter shows up in the list of printers, but there are NO ports at all listed in the device manager, none for anything, not just this cutter.

Do you have a thumb drive or anything that you can plug into a usb port to test? Try that, if you do.

I'm wondering if there may be something wrong with the ports' communication with the computer.

I was wondering whether there was a problem with the usb's communication with your computer.

I mentioned testing them with a different device and see if and where they showed up in Device Manager.

which cutter shows up in the list of printers? The Refine or the Summa?

My Graphtec shows up in my printer list on my XP.