#1 gcextreme

gcextreme

GCEXTREME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, MN

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

Ok so i have been cutting stuff fine for the past few days. I just got in some 8" rolls of Oracal. For some reason when trying to remove it from the paper, with the app tape, some of the wax paper wants to stay on the letters, and it's hit and miss, some letters will come right off the paper and stay on the app tape, others wont...

Is this a blade depth issue or a force issue??

"LIVE TO RIDE"
Graphtec CE-5000-60 24" Cutter.

Mighty Stahls Clamshell Heat Press

Sunie Swing-Away Hat Press
gcextreme_graphics_zps9f45455a.jpg

#2 FrznFire07

FrznFire07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationPagosa Springs, Colorado

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

could be either, could be both, in any case your cutting slightly too deep.

back off you pressure and that will probably fix it.

Graphtec CE-3000 60 MK2, Vinyl Express GRC-61, Adobe CS2, LXi Vinyl Master, Dell Precision T3500 WinXP.

#3 gcextreme

gcextreme

GCEXTREME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, MN

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

Its just off, cuz i went from cutting 24" wide stuff, cutting just fine...to cutting this 8" wide material and it just sucks...

"LIVE TO RIDE"

#4 crome

crome

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

I've got a couple rolls like that, almost like the vinyl is thinner. I backed off the pressure and all was good. It did get me in the habit of doing a test cut every time a change out a roll.

#5 gcextreme

gcextreme

GCEXTREME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, MN

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:12 PM

Yeah i always do a test cut...but like i said, its hit and miss, some letters came out fine, others didnt, they just stuck to the paper and wanted to tear off with it.

Now i did it again, and its all coming off too dam easily! The letters wont stay, as i am weeding the little dot out of an O the whole O comes right off and moves around on the paper!

"LIVE TO RIDE"

#6 busterbay

busterbay

Lost In Time

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationUSA - Somewhere In Time

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

I've got a couple rolls like that, almost like the vinyl is thinner. I backed off the pressure and all was good. It did get me in the habit of doing a test cut every time a change out a roll.

I would agree most likely the vinyl is sub par. If GCEXTREME were to mic it I would bet it's out of spec. 

A sharp knife a ruler and a steady hand.... or maybe some type of plotter gizmo thing-a-ma-jig 

#7 Wildgoose

Wildgoose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

I agree that the overall problem is cutting too deep and cutting into the carrier but it could just be a newer batch that is a little more flexible and soft which would cause it to cut a tad easier. 

SummaCut D75, imac, Illustrator CS5, SignCut Pro, 15" swing away heat press, Epson WF30/Cobra Ink Systems

You may want to look at my user name before deciding to follow any advice I may give.

#8 gcextreme

gcextreme

GCEXTREME

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, MN

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

I would agree most likely the vinyl is sub par. If GCEXTREME were to mic it I would bet it's out of spec. 

What does "mic it" mean?

"LIVE TO RIDE"

#9 busterbay

busterbay

Lost In Time

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationUSA - Somewhere In Time

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

Micrometer a device use to measure - Oracal is usually 2 mil most likely if you were to measure it it would not be. Your roll probably had an issue during manufacture it may have thick / thin spots. It has to do with how Calendered vinyl is manufactured. I use greenstar and see this issue every once in the while.

A sharp knife a ruler and a steady hand.... or maybe some type of plotter gizmo thing-a-ma-jig 

#10 Jarrotto

Jarrotto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

I have had this issue with 651, sometimes only on certain small areas of the roll.  sometimes worse with a particular color, just depends.

Graphtec CE6000-60, Hotronix Fusion, Ricoh Sg3110 Dn, Epson WF 7520, Adobe Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC, Mac OSX 10.9, Cutting Master 3

#11 jaybird

jaybird

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • 6,316 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina - Where it all began

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:25 AM

First each color can vary slightly in thickness even in the same series (651) but if your cutting paper your blade is too deep for that vinyl. I have it happen on occasion and it almost never shows in the little test cut but when you go to weed you'll pull your hair out.

Ricoh 3300n for sublimation Workforce 435 all-in-one for shirts and paperwork Dell 1710n laser for copies and flyers 15x15 clamshell press * 15x15 swing away press * hat press * mug press * LP2 30" cutter * Vinyl Express qe60+ 24" cutter * corel 12 * corel x3 * signblazer * scalp * flexi 10 starter and more headaches than a truckload of aspirin will fix

#12 Go-C Wraps

Go-C Wraps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationTavares, FL

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

I've noticed red 651 is thicker.  

Go-C Wraps

Rocking the Graphtec CE6000

Software; Inkscape, SCALP, and FlexiStater

#13 jaybird

jaybird

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • 6,316 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina - Where it all began

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

Regular pink tends to be a little thicker too.

Ricoh 3300n for sublimation Workforce 435 all-in-one for shirts and paperwork Dell 1710n laser for copies and flyers 15x15 clamshell press * 15x15 swing away press * hat press * mug press * LP2 30" cutter * Vinyl Express qe60+ 24" cutter * corel 12 * corel x3 * signblazer * scalp * flexi 10 starter and more headaches than a truckload of aspirin will fix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users