JJennings

How Do You Do A Mirror Cut

Left click on your image, then right click, transform and mirror.

• Like 1

Thanks Crome... When I get to the transform position,, I only have the choice of MOVE, ROTATE, SCALE... Dont see a MIRROR selection.. I am using the Sure Cuts A Lot Version 2.. would this make a difference ??  Thanks

Thanks to Everyones Help.., Ok,, now when I lay my Heat Transfer vinyl on the mat,,, do I put the shiney side down facing the mat :huh:  Thanks

make sure you have grouped the items you are flipping...I spent a lot of time and vinyl one night trying to figure out why my words weren't flipping correctly.

Thanks for all the advice everyone... For some reason, I am still having trouble getting the Monogram to cut in Mirror cut... I have tried both the Vertical and Hortizonal flip... could someone Please try doing this and sending to me Please... It would be Greatly Appreciated... I am trying to do the Monogram initials       T T L    in the Vine Monograms Solid Font    and the size I need to be  Apprx  6 inches tall for the middle T and Approx.. 8 inches in width for the entire design ....  I am trying to do this on a Heat Transfer Vinyl and I do know I have to put the Shiney side of the vinyl down on the mat to cut... Oh, by the way I am using the Sure Cuts A Lot Version 2 software....  Thanks In Advance for the Help... Have a Blessed Night...

Quick tip ---  in SignBlazerElements (which is a no-cost full-featured cutting & design program) there's a checkbox within the CUT settings for "Mirror" and that's it.

• Like 1

To Slice & Dice-- So can I download the SignBlazer Elements to do the design of Monogramming with the mirror cut and SAVE AS to Export and then go to  my  Sure Cuts A Lot Version 2  ( Cricut Expression Machine )  and Import the file there and it work :huh:  I just purchase several sheets of the Heat Transfer Vinyl to do some shirts and can't get the Circut machine to do the Mirror Cut even using the flip vertial button..,,,, Thanks for any help... Also when I download the SignBlazer Element and only going to be using it for design Only,, what do I set the Driver too and what about the COM /LP ports ??  Thanks Judy

Judy, when you install SBE, choose any machine driver and default COM, it doesn't matter because you are not going to be using the program for cutting according to your description of how you intend to do this.

However, because you want to mirror the image in SignBlazer, you'll have to do it a different way than just clicking the checkbox in the cutting screen (because you aren't cutting with it).

The alternate method is to create your design in SBE, and then "select all" which will put a box around it with handles outside and inside (the outside handles are for adjusting size). The inside handles are in the shape of an inverted T and you'll see three handles/points. The top one is for rotating. The right hand one is for skewing. The left hand one is the important one for you, because it MIRRORS (flips) the entire selection. VOILA.

Now, with your backwards design, export it as .eps (File menu: Export) and you should be able to deal with it in your Cricut cutting program.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice everyone... For some reason, I am still having trouble getting the Monogram to cut in Mirror cut... I have tried both the Vertical and Hortizonal flip... could someone Please try doing this and sending to me Please... It would be Greatly Appreciated... I am trying to do the Monogram initials       T T L    in the Vine Monograms Solid Font    and the size I need to be  Apprx  6 inches tall for the middle T and Approx.. 8 inches in width for the entire design ....  I am trying to do this on a Heat Transfer Vinyl and I do know I have to put the Shiney side of the vinyl down on the mat to cut... Oh, by the way I am using the Sure Cuts A Lot Version 2 software....  Thanks In Advance for the Help... Have a Blessed Night...

Are you selecting the entire text, grouping, then reselecting the group? I just tried it in SCALP ( don't have v2) and it worked. I know I said flip vertical earlier, it's actually flip horizontal. To me, flip vertical means flip on a vertical axis. LOL

• Like 1

As mentioned earlier. Your text is considered an object. Your graphic is considered a object. Any other items you add are consider an object. If you have move each of those objects around before you mirror then the objects are not groups or other words locked as one. It's kind of like flattening the objects to one. Then you can manipulate the object as you see fit. Change size, mirror, position etc. Just a tip on grouping. You are group two objects together and manipulate them. Then box the entire graphic and group the entire as one. Remember mirroring is looking away from you from the original. This would made the looking away side the shiney side. When cut it's flipped over and now looking at you with the shiney side up. I think I got that right. So when putting the vinyl in the cutter. The shiney side is the face. Face down in the cutter. When pressing it on. Face up. Did I get that right?

• Like 1