JohnnyChopps1

Free samples links seem to be dead...

I would like samples of products (vinyl) from these manufactures to see which ones I like and I can't get access to any of those links... Probably due to high volume sample requests. Is that no longer an option?

The last sample pack I asked for they sent me some 8.5"x11" samples to try out. I was hoping for bigger. I got a large roll from 3M one year but they are looking for people who actually have large format printers. 

Johnny,

you have that right why they don't work. A lot of people abused the free samples. Their was a guy who kept on ordering free samples sent to other address's and bragged about it. I believe you can go to orcals website and there is a link to order samples, I believe 3M has an area and so does Avery.  If your really wanting to try some samples post in the selling section on here, or you could log onto Ebay and look for specific brands and sometimes get sheets for 99 cents.

I just tried to order a sample roll of 3M vinyl and was told that they don't give sample rolls of their 1080 series vinyl.  I was asked if I wanted a sample fan deck of vinyl and I assumed it would be a fan deck of vinyl that I could order samples from.  The fan deck arrived and it was a fan deck of 1080 series vinyl.  I was also given the name and contact email address of the rep in my area.  i get the feeling that they are really checking up on who they give samples too.

You can give it a try.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Graphics/3Mgraphics/ToolsAndSupport/RequestSamples/?PC_Z7_RJH9U5230GDLC02VO6KOC13O76000000_assetType=MMM_Article&PC_Z7_RJH9U5230GDLC02VO6KOC13O76000000_assetId=1258557487609&PC_Z7_RJH9U5230GDLC02VO6KOC13O76000000_univid=1258557487609

Yes they are, When I asked for samples they asked if I had website I did so they looked and sent me a roll. Because of that I purchased their gold, silver, and some red and used it all on customers cars. I still have most of the 5ft of roll they sent me just haven't had the time to play with it. As for Oracal they didn't do so much checking but if your nice they will send you small sample sheets. Avery is a joke they send 3X5" samples, however they send you great brochures.

3m called me last year before sending a particular sample I needed and the rep gave me the impression the call was to confirm I was a legit business. If I had answered hello instead of Jay's Place I don't think they would of been so willing to send me what I requested.

I had gotten a 24" roll of vinyl once before from 3M but I tried for a different series this time.  I just have to get in touch with the rep but I get the feeling that they are just giving out printable vinyl now.