Sign in to follow this  
Wildgoose

I'm stumped

I can't seem to figure this one out. Any help is appreciated. I think the cursive is something like Mistral but is slightly different and I think I can make Mistral work for that part but the DIXON has me baffled. It's on a very old shirt which doesn't help at all and the owner has no idea what it is. 

post-20133-0-93694000-1393989836_thumb.j

Thats not quite it. It did get me to some others that were a little closer, unfortunately all of the ones that look like they would be close enough to shave some drawing time are big bucks to buy. The serifs are square and that X is a little weird. I may be able to find a few of the letters in another font and do the stretch to fit thing and draw the rest. How come all the fonts I seem to come across are freaks?

Dixon doesn't look like it would take all that much to redraw anyways. It's good to draw from time to time so you don't get rusty. :)

I just went ahead and drew it last night I was just hoping to find a quick fix since I had so much other stuff to work on. I'm getting too many late nights lately and my body is getting pissed off. 

I ended up rebuilding that with Rockwell for everything except the O and I can't remember which one was closer on that letter but it turned out nice. At least I can feel a little better when even marc can't find an exact match it lets me know I'n not a total idiot. LOL

• Like 1

Here is one of the previews that came from the build. Not sold on the colors but his truck has as existing white stripe with blue outline that he is thinking he wants to match. 

post-20133-0-42232100-1394038271_thumb.j

• Like 1