MadHatterGraphix

Getting crazy with everything showing up.

Another day or receiving items, got a 10 pack of subli-patch, and 10 pack of 4X4 Chromaluxe Clear photo panels from Coastal Business, and the last box was from conde, IPhone 5C cases, IPhone 5 cases, 2 shot glass dye wraps, bracelet bender, and some bracelet blanks. Lots of learning and selling going on round here. What a way to take your mind off of ailing parents.

• Like 4

Tell me a more about this subli-patch you speak of. Never heard of it but it sounds interesting.

Jay,

its Subli-flock however under a different name and it is slightly more expensive. You can make your own patches with it. Its been around for awhile.  HD imaging sells it I wrote them and asked about free blank samples they sent me 5 sheets for free.

Its a flock material, you print up your images as usual, press it at 400 for 45 min I believe. Then you flip it over, apply the glue background, after it cools you contour cut it and you have soft fuzzy patches. If you want to know more just pm me.

How does it compare to the patches available from Conde?

http://www.dyetrans.com/item.php?item_no=P101W

http://www.dyetrans.com/item.php?item_no=P102W

http://www.dyetrans.com/item.php?item_no=P103W

I've made several of those and they're pretty easy to do - as long as you have a Teflon sheet to press them on (the melted glue won't stick to the Teflon, so you can peel them right off when they cool - then iron/press them onto fabric...)

OW actually a little different Conde has them already precut and you just print it sounds like, coastal business / HD imaging its a full 11X17 uncut sheet so you can make as big of a patch as you want. heres a link to the page.

http://www.coastalbusiness.com/SubliPatchSublimationFlockMaterial11x1710perpack.aspx

Looks interesting. Anybody want to share some picture of finished and applied patches since you got me thinking now.

Damn you guys. More stuff to spend money on... i get asked for patches all the time and although some are strictly old school I think quite a few would be interested in these.

• Like 1

Just spreading the word my friend I find something I think you would like lol. I like the fact you can make them as big as you want. And if you had am embroidery machine you can do that on top of it.

No talking about embroidery machines around me. I'm trying to talk myself out of investing in 1 and you're not helping.

Embroidery machine jay that's all I got to say lol

Don't make me come up there...

I haven't even ordered my printer yet, and I want to try this out now too... find all sorts of new item to start investing in!

I haven't even ordered my printer yet, and I want to try this out now too... find all sorts of new item to start investing in!

E L just wait when you start searching for sublimation items I went crazy you can offer them all but man don't try buying all you will go broke quick.

• Like 1

SLOW and steady is what the wife keeps hitting me with.. Have to get printer first have a crap ton of people that want coffee cups made

Slow and steady what is your wife talking about you go in fast and furious lol  Go Ricoh unless you don't have the cash go with Epson cheaper start but you got to print something once every week if not more. However I have had success with the 7010 not clogging to bad it sat since Christmas. One thing not to do is have a fan running on it, that dries everything up faster.

Looking at a Cobra/epson set-up. No problem printing enough would do coffee cups to give away if I had to.

I bought the CIS set up from Cobra however I picked my Epson WF-7010 from Epson for 104.00 it was refurbished however you couldn't tell by looking at it. Richard is great though through  Cobra he answered all my questions. I'm building my own CIS from parts bought through his store for my WF 7510.

I bought the CIS set up from Cobra however I picked my Epson WF-7010 from Epson for 104.00 it was refurbished however you couldn't tell by looking at it. Richard is great though through  Cobra he answered all my questions. I'm building my own CIS from parts bought through his store for my WF 7510.

Nice, Gonna buy the smaller WF he has. I say I don't need 11x17, as my press is only 15x15 and plan on focusing on mugs and smaller items for now.

I overkilled with the larger printers, however I know down the road I will be buying a bigger heat press. I also went bigger with the WF-7510 cause of the larger paper for 3G opaque I have used rolls in it. I started wanting to do just mugs and got into the poly shirts, and it went haywire and now I want to do everything.

• Like 1