Wildgoose

Good quality Masking Tape

I don't know if I have mentioned this before or not but I have started buying better quality masking tape and loving it. I happened across a roll of some American Brand PG masking tape and tried it out and now I'm hooked. Another quality option is 3M Automotive Refinish Masking Tape. Both of these have far far superior adhesion and come off without any leftover adhesives on the substrate. They are stronger and don't rip when trying to get them off the roll and hold so much better it's amazing. I buy mine at one of the local auto paint supply stores. It costs twice as much as the stuff at wally world but I think it's money well spent and a small cost percentage as far as a project goes. It's worth trying out to see if you find the same benefits that I have.

post-20133-0-46750500-1393870261_thumb.j

• Like 4

Absolutely, you should never compromise on quality masking tape.

This is an understatement ----  "it's a small cost percentage as far as a project goes" !!! 

A roll of good 3M tape (HomeDepot) is like $3 and lasts a lonnnnnngggg time, and really cannot be calculated into project costs, since the total amount of masking tape used during the decal-application process is just too small to be measured on a per-job basis.

The Dollar-Store tape is crap.

• Like 1

I use the green 3m that I mask cars with. Works great and no residue. 

I don't know if I have mentioned this before or not but I have started buying better quality masking tape and loving it. I happened across a roll of some American Brand PG masking tape and tried it out and now I'm hooked. Another quality option is 3M Automotive Refinish Masking Tape. Both of these have far far superior adhesion and come off without any leftover adhesives on the substrate. They are stronger and don't rip when trying to get them off the roll and hold so much better it's amazing. I buy mine at one of the local auto paint supply stores. It costs twice as much as the stuff at wally world but I think it's money well spent and a small cost percentage as far as a project goes. It's worth trying out to see if you find the same benefits that I have.

Put it in the micro wave for about 15 seconds. It will soften it up and release from the roll better.