carwash

5 color large decal...

Long Time Member - First Topic Made...

I have been cutting vinyl for quite a few years, and usually figure all stuff out on my own.  But lately I have been doing a lot more lurking here as people have been asking me to do some more complex stuff.  

I whipped out this 5 layer 30"x19" ferrari decal tonight for a buddy...  It was stressful due to the fact that if i messed it up, i was gonna lose about 10' of vinyl and a couple hours of my time.  

What ye vinyl masters think?

photo1_zpsce6db3c6.jpg

photo2_zps506b4805.jpg

photo3_zps4b7da692.jpg

photo4_zps1e51978f.jpg

photo5_zps3989769d.jpg

• Like 4

I'm not a master by any means, but for what it's worth I think it looks great

- Edited due to spelling errors, not a spelling master either it seems lol

Heck ya that looks great! I think my favorite part of having a cutter is being able to do cool stuff for friends. I did a 5 ft tall mickey head on a fake water tower for a friend who has a 1/4 scale electric train last summer. 

1/4 scale train... that's huge... wow.

Ya it's massive. The engine consists of a home built replica of a regular train engine around one of those huge generators we call whisper-watt's that the pipe layers around here use for running their 480 de-water submersible pumps. He owns a construction supply business and someone ordered it in for Y2K and never showed to pick it up so he was stuck with it and originally took it to his own house (40 acres) as an emergency gen for himself and then got the wild hair to build a train. It currently has a long loop track that is still under construction but he can unhook the cars and caboose and back the "engine" up a small spur rail and then hook it to his house for emergency power. Sort of dual purpose. 

• Like 1