Sign in to follow this  
sumajetski

Drivers for Corel on Windows 8

My new computer is Windows 8. I didn't like it, so I had my computer guy turn it back to Windows 7. Now, I load the proper drivers to cut vinyl out of Corel and I've discovered (since I rebooted) now the drivers are unsigned and not accessible. I cannot load them. When I troubleshoot for help, I either get Win8 instructions (which don't work) or Win 7 instructions that don't work either! Any ideas out there? I downloaded Sure Cuts a lot, but it puts lines through my cuts, unless I buy that too! I'm frustrated - can anyone help me out there?

Not sure I understand your problem,  but Corel is not cutting software. It is design software.  You need a cutting software for your cutter to cut .anything. Signblazer, Flexi, Signcut,  Sure Cuts A Lot and others are cutting software.   You do not state what cutter you are using.  But could try the Free Signblazer software, that is in the Signblazer thread  and see if it works. Or you will have to purchase cutting software.

Here is a place that you can download Signblazer.    You will have to look for the area that says Download ...Signblazer

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads.html

Thank you Mz Skeeter ... I can cut from Corel - and have - simply by loading the drivers for the cutter. I'm using a USCutter MH 721. Since the drivers are not signed, Win8 will not allow them to be installed. If I could get a signed driver, I would be set. But cannot seem to find one. Therefore, if I could sign in as administrator, I could bypass the requirement. (In Win7, you were given the option to accept responsibility for unsigned drivers - win8 doesn't allow that). Because I HAD 8 and turned back to 7 ... not sure how this works. Thanskagain.

Thank you Mz Skeeter ... I can cut from Corel - and have - simply by loading the drivers for the cutter. I'm using a USCutter MH 721. Since the drivers are not signed, Win8 will not allow them to be installed. If I could get a signed driver, I would be set. But cannot seem to find one. Therefore, if I could sign in as administrator, I could bypass the requirement. (In Win7, you were given the option to accept responsibility for unsigned drivers - win8 doesn't allow that). Because I HAD 8 and turned back to 7 ... not sure how this works. Thanskagain.

Your trying to run the cutter as a printer,  and it is not a printer. You cannot adjust  blade offset, over cut,  or any other cutting features that would be in a cutting software.  And I don't think there is  a feature for  blade offset on your cutter, the MH.

I don't know anything about windows 8.    I stay back on XP.  and have XP back up computers.  much more stable..  Can be picked up on Ebay for under $100, . You don't need a new fancy computer for vinyl cutting.  You should have a computer just dedicated to cutting. 

• Like 1

Mz Skeeter I second that however I use to be able to find plug ins for doing that so the O.P might have those. I know if anyone has a Silhouette you has a plug in you buy and can cut from Corel or Illustrator.

Mz Skeeter I second that however I use to be able to find plug ins for doing that so the O.P might have those. I know if anyone has a Silhouette you has a plug in you buy and can cut from Corel or Illustrator.

Yes, but that plugin  sends it to a cutting software.  Like Cutting Master2.  or 3  I also have that option with my Graphtec.   I can get plug ins for Corel or Illustrator also.  But Graphtec has the cutting software for it.  And it runs on GP-GL command.    Graphtec language.  It is a bare bones Flexi software made for Graphtec.   It is the same thing as SCALP is doing with the plug ins.  And Scalp is the cutting software.

The Silhouette vinyl cutter is provided with Silhouette Studio software, and has plug ins for the Corel And Illustrator. Silhouette Studio is the cutting software, for the cutter. 

this person has been able to do it.  Bob H Bigart  posted his instructions.  He is the only one I have ever seen do it.  But still there is no way to adjust blade offset or over cut. or any other cutting features.   However your cutter cuts, is the best you will get from it.   You cannot adjust anything on an MH cutter.  except speed and force. ..it's a pretty basic value cutter.

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

How to cut direct from Illustrator & COREL

Hi Guys

First of all you must get a NULL MODEM CABLE to go from computer to (plotter) cutter.

Make sure it’s a NULL MODEM CABLE and not just a PRINTER CABLE.

Null Modem serial cables allows two DTE or DCE devices to communicate with no conflict in data transmission

Then convert your line weight to the thinnest (the one with 2 ARROWS).

Set all lines at Wire frame.

Export as a .DXF file.

Send your .DXF file to your Printer.

Set your printer preference to your plotter cutter at PRINT.

REMEMBER YOU MUST CUT FROM A .DXF file.

This works for me and I hope it works for you.

Thank You,
Bob Bigart

I don't understand which drivers are not signed?? Did you reload the graphtec drivers also? You can buy or rent Tweek-UI and get access to windows permissions. If none of that works you may need to do a clean install of windows 7. basically find a blank hard drive & load windows 7 on to that then keep the current drive as a data drive. I do all my cutting from corel using the cutting master 2 (yes two)

I don't understand which drivers are not signed?? Did you reload the graphtec drivers also? You can buy or rent Tweek-UI and get access to windows permissions. If none of that works you may need to do a clean install of windows 7. basically find a blank hard drive & load windows 7 on to that then keep the current drive as a data drive. I do all my cutting from corel using the cutting master 2 (yes two)

@Lueman     the OP posted above.  . "I'm using a USCutter MH 721."     not a Graphtec.

He is trying to have Corel cut on a MH721 vinyl cutter,  with no cutting software.

I think the TweekUI option is the way to go in that case. you have to either re-install the corel or find some way of resetting permissions.