Sign in to follow this  
Kelly54487

Having issues with my new cutter in SCALP

I just purchased a NEW MH 871 the old one US Cutter Rep.  informed  me the old one has to many static issues. So I purchased a NEW one have it grounded even and running a humidifier. I'm using the new program SCALP. When I go to cut it, it starts to cut my graphic and then the head on my cuter goes all the way across does NOT hit the side or cut but then cuts a line across my vinyl coming back and proceeds to cut my graphic. What is going on? I'm VERY frustrated and have had nothing but issues, Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using a USB cable would a keyspan fix this issue does anyone know?

Thanks!

Kelly

UPDATE:

Ok, I think it may be the file. I cut out something else and it works fine. Is anyone able to try this on their cutter and see if you have the same issues? This is the second file I've had that has done this. Is it anything to do with tracing the image into SCALP does anyone know or what causes this?

post-5542-0-11803800-1392461390_thumb.jp

I'm not sure if I down loaded the file correctly looks like the forum has changed

here is an eps file for you to try and cut. i dropped in my signblazer and viewed the outline and do not see anything wrong

drawing-2.eps

When I try and download it I can't get it to open? It says failed to load the request file?