MH721 28"

Bought about 6 months ago

Windows 8,7, and XP machines

Latest drivers

Sure Cuts a Lot Pro 3.053

USB (high quality cable) but I know, USB sucks.

First month, machine was okay. It would close most cuts but sometimes would go on a fritz and start cutting all over my vinyl wasting 2-3 feet of vinyl. I stopped using the machine because of this but now recently I need to use it again.

Settings are 50mm/s and 90 pressure. On standard Oracal Calandered white vinyl.  Even when I use the machines "test" it will not close the cuts, at all. Leaving a good 1mm gap after each cut.

Machine is grounded and I tried wiping down with one of those dryer cloths.

Any ideas? I have been loosing my mind googling this.

If you know USB sucks,  why are you still using it?  A zillion times plus, it has been posted on here to put your cutter on a serial cable, a serial card, or a Keyspan Adapter.  .  Much better flow of data and better connection.  Keyspan Adapter by Tripplite is the brand name.  A Belkin is another good one, But don't go buy some Radio Shack, or Best Buy,  they will not work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tripp-Lite-USA-19HS-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-/160804080791?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item2570ab8c97

• Like 2

If you know USB sucks,  why are you still using it?  A zillion times plus, it has been posted on here to put your cutter on a serial cable, a serial card, or a Keyspan Adapter.  .  Much better flow of data and better connection.  Keyspan Adapter by Tripplite is the brand name.  A Belkin is another good one, But don't go buy some Radio Shack, or Best Buy,  they will not work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tripp-Lite-USA-19HS-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-/160804080791?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item2570ab8c97

I blame USB for when the machine goes on the fritz, but it doesn't close cuts regardless. When I do the built it test, stil doesn't close. That shouldn't make a difference.

overcut

How much? I have set it between 0.1-0.3 and it did not close the cuts.

Are you sure the belts are tight?  Nothing in the blade holder?  A drop of oil in blade holder, so blade spins freely.   Maybe give it a try with Signblazer,  see if there is a change...Signblazer is free.  Won't cost ya anything.

If overcut won't do it there is a very good chance something is loose like Mz Skeeter said. Just check everything that make sure it's snug.

Everything is definitely tight but I will change the blade and oil it. The blade maybe has about 20 cuts on it.  I also ordered a new cable, no more USB. And downloading Signblazer now.

For reference this is what I cuts look like. And I have tried all levels of overcut in Sure Cuts a Lot Pro. No change.

123.jpg

When installing the SignBlazer Elements application, you'll be choosing the RedSail RS800C as your cutter.

as jay said overcut should solve that

And as XclusiveArtworks has indicated, "I have tried all levels of overcut in Sure Cuts a Lot Pro. No change."

There is something strange going on here, and overcut doesn't appear to be it.

And as XclusiveArtworks has indicated, "I have tried all levels of overcut in Sure Cuts a Lot Pro. No change."

There is something strange going on here, and overcut doesn't appear to be it.

I am betting he is confusing offset with overcut . . . .

• Like 1