ForSheetzNGigglz

Stalling Out..

I have tried to search the forums for help with this but seem to be hitting a wall on a solution.   This problem seems to only hit on larger jobs.  It will start to print, then stop.  If I reboot or start it over, the damn thing starts going again but just wastes vinyl left and right.

I'll be honest, I can't afford this waste.  I am self teaching this to myself and will never make a dime from it  Mostly because I am trying to create unique items for a local pet spay/neuter non-profit.  I have no problem investing the money in the vinyl to do this stuff, but not when I'm barely going to make back the cost of the vinyl for the pet org.  I'll just donate $50 instead of wasting my time and pulling out my already thin hair. LOL  I really want to be able to decorate up on van for transports 'Neuter Scooter' and 'Live Animal' vinyl on it.

Please, who can help me here. 

I had this machine, unused, in a box for a year before I finally got brave enough to set it up, only to find out the software was discontinued and the new stuff was so expensive, I'd need financing LOL

Any help is appreciated.  Please be patient with me for I am as rookie as they come.  Tutor? LOL

Well for starters,  you have no info here to help you.  Other than you are using Signblazer software. :huh:

What cutter?  How is it connected?  USB or serial, on what operating system?

So, I am just going to guess.  You have a MH  series cutter, running it on a USB cable. 

So, either get it on a serial cable, a serial card, or a Keyspan Adapter.  (That is the brand name.)  Also make sure your cutter is grounded to the stand, with a ground wire, if you have a stand.  Make sure there is not static causing the problem.  Wipe machine and vinyl with a dryer sheet,  Spray static guard.  You state your having problems with larger cuts,    The MH series cutters have limited memory. So, you cannot do larger cuts or with a lot of nodes.

You are correct Sign blazer is not an updated software,because the owner passed away several years ago.  Is best to import older versions of files formats like version 8.eps files. As the software has not been updated for years.

Also, turn your cutter off and back on after every cut, so as to dump the data from the last order. Or you will fill your memory up.

Here is a Keyspan Adapter,  this and a Belkin Adapter, are the best to use per tech support.  They have a much better flow of data and a better connection than a USB cable. The cheap ones will not work at all.  Don't BUY like Radio Shack or Best Buy etc.  A USB connection is hit or miss. Some get it to work, others not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tripp-Lite-USA-19HS-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-/160804080791?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item2570ab8c97

• Like 1

SKEETER.... you do have that response saved in your clip board right?  I mean, as much as it has to be posted   ;)   Maybe they should stamp that on the boxes before the cutter is shipped!

• Like 2

SKEETER.... you do have that response saved in your clip board right?  I mean, as much as it has to be posted   ;)   Maybe they should stamp that on the boxes before the cutter is shipped!

I should have that saved, but I don't.....  :-\    And I agree, it should be posted every where.

• Like 1

As you are able to cut something I will assume you have installed the USB driver. You say the problem only occurs on larger jobs which suggests a comms problem. The computer sends the job to the plotter until the plotter memory is full and the plotter then starts the cut. When the plotter has cut this initial amount it then should signal to the computer that it has finished this and to send the rest, this is called handshaking. Your problem seems to be that the handshake is not happening. The comms settings on the plotter and in the cutting program, I'm assuming signblazer, need to be both correct and the same. You don't say which plotter it is but there should be information in http://www.uscuttersupport.com/setup which will help. 

Good Luck

Thank you all for your help.  I'm really not a computer moron but when it comes to this cutter, I feel like a caveman sitting in a Bugatti lol CLUELESS! :)   Will surely get that Adapter thing.

I am running an MH series on a USB cable with Windows 7.  It is on a stand and I'm guessing static would be an issue since its been such a cold nasty winter.  I should probably get a humidifier for that room, huh?  Maybe I should just relocate? LOL

A humidifier would help with the static, but the best option is to ground the vinyl. If you have a metal stand all you need to do is ground the stand, either to the cutter itself, or to the wall ground. Cutter is usually easiest. There are several posts on the forums about how and where to do this, just do a search and you'll find tons of responses.

Thank you all for your help.  I'm really not a computer moron but when it comes to this cutter, I feel like a caveman sitting in a Bugatti lol CLUELESS! :)   Will surely get that Adapter thing.

I am running an MH series on a USB cable with Windows 7.  It is on a stand and I'm guessing static would be an issue since its been such a cold nasty winter.  I should probably get a humidifier for that room, huh?  Maybe I should just relocate? LOL

Jerry Bonham, were he still alive, probably would smile and agree with your assessment of those who are sitting there clueless while trying to get a quality result using a cutting technology that arose in the 1950's (Hewlett Packard plotters)

Mr Bonham, as it turns out, had a flair for developing SignBlazer and HotShot but lo and behold, all these years later, we have to "make do" with the software remnant left to us all by a great and kind man.

Something else I did was to disassemble the stand and sand away all the powder coat on the ends so that when it's reassembled it's metal on metal. 

THEN ground the stand.