Mercer57

Playing around with etching empty moonshine bottles

From the rub and buff web page you are supose to be able to put it on and buff it off of the un etched glass. Experence of most on here and proved that is not as easily done as said and have found it easier to leave the decal stencil on and apply the rub and buff with the stencil in place.

Yes on the one with the rub and buff I used a dremel  and buff pad to get it to shine , and it is  true it is not a easy as it shows on their web page. I tried the leaving the stencil on a mirror when applying the r&b and it is helpful when doing multicolored pieces as its easy to bleed while buffing one color and the objects are in close proximity to one another.  

Pretty sure you can produce it legally anywhere with a license. Hard part is getting the license.

So I sold the aces and eights glass today @ the moonshine store to the boyfriend of the owners daughter. He is a biker too and loved it. The owner is talking about giving me an order for some mason glasses with the moonshine jug and distillery name on it. Also so the boyfriend works @  a state sign shop and has access to vinyl that the expiration date is just went out and  he is gonna get it for me .The owner also has been tossing dottles with small cracks in the neck out, so he is gonna save them for me.

• Like 3