smendlik

Couple of etched glasses

More examples of my learning curve.  Both are etched with the same design, still trying to figure out how to get the glass template to match correctly. 

The painted glass was painted with rub-n-buff, the tube said ruby but it's more of a copper.

post-34212-0-70905000-1392953068_thumb.j

Just an idea maybe measure down from the top of the glass to where you want the flame tips to be use some painters tape and make line around the glass with it. Then put the vinyl on remove the masking tape / painters tape and have it correct all the time. or maybe use like the car window chalk so it washes off.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.  The problem is that the glass is conical shaped, not cylindrical.  The diameter at the top is greater than at the bottom so I have to find a reliable way to find that arc.  I've seen some videos on how to do it but haven't fully developed that skill yet.

There was a discussion about how to do this on here not to long ago. It had a llink to an online page to generate a template as well as the equations needed to create the template yourself. Do a search for cone and you should find it. Then it's just a matter of getting your desgin software to arch the image. I use inkscape and have been pretty pleased with my results. What design software are you using?

darcshadow - Now that you mention that post I remember seeing it and will search tonight.  I use Illustrator and just need to take the time to search Youtube for some training videos.