IPT

trouble with small type, can I change anything?

So I am using the MH 721 and am having some trouble getting some small type done. It's about 1/4" tall. Maybe I am pushing the limits of the machine. When I try and weed it the letters just pull up really easy as I try and peel back the extraneous vinyl. I need to poke them and hold them down with an Xacto as I peel back the other vinyl. I can see a light indentation on the backing so I think I am cutting deep enough. I'm very new at this though so I don't know it is my settings, the type, the vinyl, or if I just need to set the blade to cut a little more deeply.

If anyone has any input or suggestions I'm all ears. Thanks!

You're pushing the capabilities of the machine. Not much you can really do other than have the paitence to weed very carefully.

what kind of font are you using? square lettering works best however this machine sucks for small items, that's why I got a Cameo Silhouette people can laugh at me cause of it but damn it cuts smaller and better.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. No, I didn't try to apply first and then weed. Might try that.

I did notice that the more bold simple Type had less issue than the fancy one. Might need to either choose a different type of go a little larger in size.

Hm, does the Silhouette really cut more finely?

As for the blade placement...you just drop it in the holder right? There is no need to have it pointing one way or another right? Also I notice that when I tighten it down the entire holder seems to lean a bit off to one side. If I keep it loose where it remains totally vertical it feels like it would not stay down once the machine started pushing it into the vinyl.

Blade spins freely in the holder so there is no need to make it face any particular direction when installing it.

Also I notice that when I tighten it down the entire holder seems to lean a bit off to one side. If I keep it loose where it remains totally vertical it feels like it would not stay down once the machine started pushing it into the vinyl.

I have that problem too. The blade and holder should be straight up and down. The clamp on mine seems to of been damaged or mis made. I use the pin holding spot for the blade and it seems to work. It's not suggested, but I don't understand why exactly. If the cutter is new and still under waranty you might contact tech support and see about getting a replacement head unit.