Sign in to follow this  
DeepEllumGlass

SB / cutter issue

Ok. I know this issue has been gone over several times already but I'm not understanding why I'm having this issue.

When using SB, when I send something to cut it gives me the error "cannot open the output device. Error initializing cutter. I know this is a connection issue but if I use a different program I can send that programs tile to cutter no problem.

I have changed my USB wire twice, also installed a key span. It first happened last week, I immediately put a different USB cord on and it worked fine. This week SB will not cut anything but other programs will.

Any advice will be appreciated.

In the Cutter setup menu in SB, in the output device dropdown box menu, what output do you have selected? did you try changing them?

That happens to me sometimes. When i move my laptop and disconnect my usb cord i have to reset it in the drop down menu

That happens to me sometimes. When i move my laptop and disconnect my usb cord i have to reset it in the drop down menu

Best to plug the USB cable back in when your computer is turned off.  Your computer will assign a new com port number,  if you do it when it when computer is turned on   So, plug the cable in when the computer is off..  Then start your computer and cutter.

• Like 2

Just did the same thing but with Flexistarter. Had to move my usb and did it with computer on and bam no cut. When in and reassigned the new port and back in business.