Dawn's Design

SC Cutter not finishing cut

I have a SC cutter and I use SCALP. When I send a job to my cutter the computer sends it over faster than my cutter can keep up. The cutter gets about 2/3 of the way through the cut then just stops. I turn the cutter off after every cut knowing that it does not have a very big memory. Anyone have any ideas what i can do to fix this. In advance Thanks for your help.

That is weird cause i have same cutter and use usb connection and never have had that happen before.. I also use signblazer.

Check your baud rates in the cutter software. (sorry, I dont use SCALP) Perhaps slow down (or speed up?)

the data transfer there ?

• Like 1

I have posted this numerous, numerous times, on here for this very same problem.. from UScutter tech support.  Applies to all value cutters. 

The issue could be a number of different things, likely static related if it's just stopping in the middle of cuts. The USB to serial adapter wont resolve the static issues but it can help to mitigate them since a serial connection is harder to interrupt. First, if your cutter is a first generation MH (mk1) it will need to have a Null Modem serial cable coming from the cutter to the adapter. Second, most radio shack USB to Serial adapters will not work... Or Staples or Office Depot for that matter. That's why we only carry the Keyspan USB to serial adapter. It's the only one that we can say for sure will work as it should every time and we've tested it thoroughly.  Another solid USB to serial adapter is a Belkin- but in either case you have to have a Null Modem serial cable for either to work. Banner John is correct in that a serial connection is given COM 1 by default, however, if you're using a USB to serial adapter it will likely get a regular COM port number in the device manager. If none of this helps, be sure to call in to the support department and speak with Mike Northman. 425-902-1302

Can be purchased at UScutter,  as well as EBAY

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tripp-Lite-USA-19HS-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-/160804080791?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item2570ab8c97

I'm using the USB cable that came with the cutter. I'm downloading sign blazer now to see if  scalp is the problem. 

Check your baud rates in the cutter software. (sorry, I dont use SCALP) Perhaps slow down (or speed up?)

the data transfer there ?

I'll check this out to see if I can slow down the transfer.

I'm using the USB cable that came with the cutter. I'm downloading sign blazer now to see if  scalp is the problem. 

I'll check this out to see if I can slow down the transfer.

did you update SCALP? If you did that is most likely the issue, the last update messed up my cutting till I backed it back to a previous version.

PM me your email and I can send you the 3.051 installer

Hello I have problems with my U.S. Cutter MH 721 Plotter - Sing Blazer MK2 and software. When I try to send a cut from the Sing Blazer to a measure of 157.4 ", suddenly the Plotter start cutting random lines and derails sideways. Sometimes I can control the diversion Vinyl sideways. But the truth is I puzzles cutting problem, because it does not cut the actual design, but rather lines damaging the material. because I tried to put a cardboard box on the Plotter to rule out the static. But the truth is no longer what else I can do. I wonder ... will I need to configure something else ... such as a controller or USB port? - He added that achieves cut before the problem presented ... 76.7 "Frosted Vinyl in perfect condition. - Thank you very much for your help, Nancy.

Hello I have problems with my U.S. Cutter MH 721 Plotter - Sing Blazer MK2 and software. When I try to send a cut from the Sing Blazer to a measure of 157.4 ", suddenly the Plotter start cutting random lines and derails sideways. Sometimes I can control the diversion Vinyl sideways. But the truth is I puzzles cutting problem, because it does not cut the actual design, but rather lines damaging the material. because I tried to put a cardboard box on the Plotter to rule out the static. But the truth is no longer what else I can do. I wonder ... will I need to configure something else ... such as a controller or USB port? - He added that achieves cut before the problem presented ... 76.7 "Frosted Vinyl in perfect condition. - Thank you very much for your help, Nancy.

Your question was answered on your other post,  Duplicate post.

Hello everyone,

If you are having issues with the SC or the LaserPoint 2 finishing cuts please try the following.

First off, please take your roll of vinyl off the stand and stand it up right.

1. Wrap it tight and tap it on the ground a few times to ground it.
  2. You don't need to tap hard but you will instantly notice that the vinyl will no longer contain static.

Next go to your windows computer and open the start menu.

1. Right click on computer.
  2. Choose Manage.
  3. In the window that opens choose device manager from the menu on the left side.
  4. Find the USB Serial Device under Ports in the Device List that appears.
  5. Double click on it.
  6. Open the Port Settings.
  7. Change the Bits per Second to 57600.

Lastly open Sure Cuts a Lot

1. Open the Cut with Cutter screen.
  2. Click on settings.
  3. Change the baud rate to 57600.

Let me know if that helps.

• Like 1

Yup.. been running my TC at 57600 since day one. Never a problem. Wide open, Baby.

Baud rate is set on the cutter along with cut pressure, speed and origin set. Baud rate depends if your OS is setting a buffer to hold the cutter info and slowly feed it to the cutter until it empties.. Tell us what the baud rate is set as. It may need to be bumped up or down. Everything I've read on mine was to set the baud rate at 9600. If you overload the PC's OS with too much data going to the buffer some could get lost due to other task running in the background. If you have other things running. Like in Anti virus, spell checkers or even an internet connection uses memory and could disrupt communications from the cutter to the PC. Once the data stream is broken normally it will make a cutter or printer go nuts and garbage coming out till the buffer empties. It has been my experience when a job quits, something is interfering. Your task manager could be your friend to see what al is running while your trying to cut.

So what your saying is while I'm cutting turn everything else off.

go Serial either with an add on card or with the keyspan. I run serial, I cut, surf web and other while I cut, no issues

I need to get a keyspan. I don't have a serial port my pc is all in one. I have 6 usb ports and no serial it don't make any sense.

I need to get a keyspan. I don't have a serial port my pc is all in one. I have 6 usb ports and no serial it don't make any sense.

I had to buy an add-on for my desktop, but works perfect no regrets

How do you check the Baud rate on Windows 8?  I cannot find the baud rate setting.

I got a new computer with Windows 8 after me old XP computer died.  After I got the new computer everytime I try cutting graphics I have trouble.  I may cut 5 items, first 2 cut fine and on the 3rd item it will stop in the middle of the cut and move on to the 4th item (without lifting the cutting blade) cut the 4th item and then on the the 5th item and cut it fine.  I have changed the baud in SCALP and done everything on static including spraying the rolls down with static spray.

Hello everyone,

If you are having issues with the SC or the LaserPoint 2 finishing cuts please try the following.

First off, please take your roll of vinyl off the stand and stand it up right.

1. Wrap it tight and tap it on the ground a few times to ground it.
  2. You don't need to tap hard but you will instantly notice that the vinyl will no longer contain static.

Next go to your windows computer and open the start menu.

1. Right click on computer.
  2. Choose Manage.
  3. In the window that opens choose device manager from the menu on the left side.
  4. Find the USB Serial Device under Ports in the Device List that appears.
  5. Double click on it.
  6. Open the Port Settings.
  7. Change the Bits per Second to 57600.

Lastly open Sure Cuts a Lot

1. Open the Cut with Cutter screen.
  2. Click on settings.
  3. Change the baud rate to 57600.

Let me know if that helps.

I am running windows 7 and have located the USB device in my device manager. However, there is no tab for Ports under it's properties. I would like to do this setting. Does anybody know how I might have to go about that?

Nevermind. I found out how to do that with support on the phone for 2 hours. We've been trying a whole bumch of different versions of SCAL and they all stop cutting in the middle of the cut. My cutter is grounded.

Support was supposed to get back to me...now I am calling back.

It has been stated a zillion times to put the value cutters on a Keyspan Adapter,(brand name)  many, many users of the Sc cutter have done this to fix their problems,, like this.  Are are VERY happy for doing it.

Joe in support had it fixed in 30 minutes. It was just a matter of unplugging and replugging the connectors on the motherboard. Awesome support Joe!