Sign in to follow this  
PointOfExpression

Green star issue

So I have been cutting Greenstar vinyl since I can remember. The last month I received a Large 24" x 50 yard roll of black and let me tell you that this stuff now peal like crap. his vinyl feels at least 2 years old. So, I thought it was just that roll. Since then I have ordered two 15" x 50 yard black rolls, one 15" x 50 yard white as well as pink and all of them peal like total crap and will be returning them and will be taking my business some place else. Not sure what you guys did to it but just letting you know that it is not usable. It will not peal well at all. I have tried it on 4 different plotters with the same results.

That Greenstar vinyl came with my son's Graphtec bundle.  I told him to use it for scrap/learning purposes, instead of the Oracal 651, that we also bought.. .  It was very stiff, and thick feeling. And that was 2012...

That Greenstar vinyl came with my son's Graphtec bundle.  I told him to use it for scrap/learning purposes, instead of the Oracal 651, that we also bought.. .  It was very stiff, and thick feeling. And that was 2012...

The greenstar bundle I got with my mot recent Grahptec was also very stiff and very hard to weed. Acted as if the cutter didn't even cut through it. Tried that on all 4 machines as well without any luck. I am switching over to avery now

ive had a couple rolls of black greenstar and some other colors from them.. black always seem to peel crappy, but the other colors were always fine. it seemed like black needed a bit more pressure...but i stopped ordering black greenstar now.. i only use greenstar for simple indoor decals.. or if someone bugs me for 1 or 2 $3.00 decals... thats what they get.

I used to use Avery but my customers seem to prefer the gloss of Oracal so I switched back last year.

Yeah greenstar for only practice cuts to see if I can cut something highly detailed and packing tape here.

I would not even use for lowballers the actual cost per project in my case signs is very little even between 651 and 751so I use the better grade the ease of weeding and installing is worth the difference in the cost. The old adage you get what you pay for stands true.

• Like 3

So just as in this topic, I had some greenstar from a bundle I bought awhile back. I recently ran into a customer of mine who wanted to replace a large decal on their back glass of their car. I remember that I did that decal with the greenstar specifically. So when I went to check it out, it was all cracked and looked like garbage. I installed that decal roughly 2 years and 2 months ago. I never said anything to the customer about it because they never brought it up, but after I got them their new decal and installed it for them I came back in to check on the greenstar life expectancy. It says "5 years when properly applied....warranty coverage is defined as no appreciable deterioration in the product. Cracking, crazing, blistering or loss of adhesion constitutes a breach of warranty if it occurs during the stated life of the product." So I guess my question is.... if I had a customer come to me demanding to replace the decal or whatever I sold them because it was all cracked up because the greenstar didn't last as long as it says it will, how do I go about getting them (greenstar or uscutter) to do good by me? I mean, of course I would replace a decal for one of my customers and I have since switched to only use Oracle 651 or better, but I did go through a good 8-10 rolls of different colors of the greenstar that came with the bundle that I purchased. I haven't had any negative experiences so far (knock on wood) that a customer has brought up to me, but I am just thinking of how to deal with it on my end if something did come up? I'm not asking what to do with the customer, as I would replace it without a doubt.

I would have pictures ready and contact support on Monday for warranty  . . .  

So just as in this topic, I had some greenstar from a bundle I bought awhile back. I recently ran into a customer of mine who wanted to replace a large decal on their back glass of their car. I remember that I did that decal with the greenstar specifically. So when I went to check it out, it was all cracked and looked like garbage. I installed that decal roughly 2 years and 2 months ago. I never said anything to the customer about it because they never brought it up, but after I got them their new decal and installed it for them I came back in to check on the greenstar life expectancy. It says "5 years when properly applied....warranty coverage is defined as no appreciable deterioration in the product. Cracking, crazing, blistering or loss of adhesion constitutes a breach of warranty if it occurs during the stated life of the product." So I guess my question is.... if I had a customer come to me demanding to replace the decal or whatever I sold them because it was all cracked up because the greenstar didn't last as long as it says it will, how do I go about getting them (greenstar or uscutter) to do good by me? I mean, of course I would replace a decal for one of my customers and I have since switched to only use Oracle 651 or better, but I did go through a good 8-10 rolls of different colors of the greenstar that came with the bundle that I purchased. I haven't had any negative experiences so far (knock on wood) that a customer has brought up to me, but I am just thinking of how to deal with it on my end if something did come up? I'm not asking what to do with the customer, as I would replace it without a doubt.

Problem is most people who are unhappy just don't come back to you to make it right but instead choose to bash your product instead. That is why I'm always asking customers to let me know if there is ever a problem so I can handle it before the just get angry. As far as warranty they'll probably want to send a replacement and is it really worth the effort to get even more of the same product.

• Like 1