xpaperman

Another copyright scenario...made me say hmmmm or mmmmm

I was checking out the facebook page of a local business here.  It's a "specialty Cake" making place.  They had tons of pics and everything looked awesome.

Now, in "our" industry... I am pretty much up to speed on what I/we can and can't do.  However, I was wondering.... what about the cake industry?  Every cake they had pics posted of was of copyrighted material!  Everything from Disney, to Marvel, to John Deer, Browning etc etc......

Then I got to thinking.... over the years, you see that type of stuff everywhere.  All bakeries do it.

Is food exempt from those laws?  How do they get around it?  It seems if companies really wanted to clean up they could just post a guy out side of bakeries and get lawsuits till the Elsie Cow came home.  (nice plug eh?)  

Just curious is all, thought it might make for some fun, yum discussion....

The place down the street will put anything you bring a picture of on a cake, probably not legal, their crazy busy and have been there for years.

Cheech and Chong rock!! Love those guys.

no im not a pothead either...never touch that stuff..i hate cigs too. Im drug free...i hardly drink either. Last beer i had was at a 4th of July party last year.