Sign in to follow this  
reelguitars

Graphtec FC5100-130 Won't Power Up

I've had this old FC5100-130 for a couple of years and it has worked perfectly.  The other day, I fired it up to do a contour cut.  The cutter head for some reason was just left of center.  It started moving back to the home position and all of a sudden it looked like it hit something and stopped.  The cutter went off then.  Now, when I try to power it back up, I hear a faint "squeak" for the motherboard and the green power light on the control pad comes on just for a second...then, nothing.  Even if you turn it off again.  I read in the owner's manual that if you unplug it for a few minutes, it should reset itself.  I waited 5 or so minutes, turned in on again and "squeak, blink, nothing".  I don't know if it's the motherboard but they are $1850.  I'd love to have this running again because I just bought the pounce knife for it...haven't even used it yet, but was looking forward to.  It sounds to me like there may be some type of thermal protector on the motherboard that might keep it from starting up.  Any Graphtec gurus out there?  Please help me if you can.  If you can't, would someone be interested in buying this for parts?  There is no stand with it but everything else is there.  Thanking you in advance for your help.

David

contact Graphtec tech support or a Graphtec service center in your area.    You reset factory default by holding down on the UP arrow while turning on the power button.