Sign in to follow this  
Dawn's Design

Banner

When I looked earlier today they didn't have any Zen blank banners in stock.   

Looks like there aren't going to carry them anymore.  

So my vote is for a Greenstar because they have that in stock.  

• Like 1

As I bite my tongue, I say this... They have had a lot of problems with the quality of the zenblank banners,  I personally would suggest you go with something other than the zenblank.

• Like 2

As I bite my tongue, I say this... They have had a lot of problems with the quality of the zenblank banners,  I personally would suggest you go with something other than the zenblank.

Watch how hard you bite or you might draw blood (I remember that mess). I buy the Greenstar in 54" rolls and it works fine so I'd assume the blacks are the same material.

• Like 1

Watch how hard you bite or you might draw blood (I remember that mess). I buy the Greenstar in 54" rolls and it works fine so I'd assume the blacks are the same material.

I think I handled my response with class  B)   I also noticed they are selling "damaged zenblank banners with heavy creasing" in the clearance section  :P

• Like 3

I think I handled my response with class  B)   I also noticed they are selling "damaged zenblank banners with heavy creasing" in the clearance section  :P

Hmm... I don't remember getting a clearance price when I got Zenblank banners with heavy creasing...  Of course, they weren't advertised with that feature at the time...  First (and only) time I was disappointed with a shipment from US Cutter...

BTW - you can press banners in a heat press on low heat and take 99% of the wrinkles out...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="xpaperman" data-cid="345197" data-time="1393030519"><p>

What is low heat?</p></blockquote>

Around 200°as I recall...

• Like 1

They are still selling the zenblank banners with the precreased "feature". Ask me how I know this and how much fun it was to put together a 3x12 yellow banner Friday with this accordion effect.

I started using bandana 14oz by the roll before i even started cutting vinyl when i sold a sign or banner i had one of my buddys at one of the sign shops i install for cut the copy for me i still buy by the roll in 22 and 34 inch wide in white and yellow then buy other sizes and colors as i get orders for them.

• Like 2

99.99999% of the banners I do are white and I buy that in rolls just like the guys who print on them but this was an exception and I didn't even think about the zenblank debacle until I opened the tube and saw this:photobucket-5996-1392909563891_zps225293

I bought a 4x12 because that's what they had listed and cut it down to 3x12 but applying banner tape was a nightmare as well as sewing and the actual applying of the vinyl. I didn't bother to call uscutter because for as long as this has been going on I am sure they are aware of it.

To the OP I buy rolls of Greenstar banner every couple months and so far I've been very satisfied with the quality.

Wow Jaybird. I must have gotten lucky with the one I had in stock. I just used it up after setting here for several years and it was fine. That one looks like it was run over by a forklift while rolled up. maybe they do that to increase the amount they can fit in a shipping container. doh!

Funny thing is it was in one of those super thick cardboard tubes so I feel sure it happened at the manufacturer but this has been going on for quite a while now and to be honest if it hadn't slipped my mind I wouldn't of bought that brand just to avoid the potential headaches.

Damn Jay that looks like a hair crimper was used on it. I have had customers bring back banners that looked like that and wanted the copy changed on them ...after me explaining proper rolling and storage even folded both ways. I politely decline changing them.

I would have politely called and returned it but I was on a time crunch. I managed to clamp it tight to the bench so I could work it in 2 section but it's not something I'd ever want to do again.

I bought some off eBay like that one time. It was the last time I buy online. I have a local suppllier that charges a little more but I know I am getting a quality product.

If my local supplier was just a little more I'd do that for sure but they only carry it in 24 yd. rolls  and I almost never sell yellow banner. These zenblank banners haver been an ongoing problem but other than that I've been satisfied with what I get from uscutter and I order at least once a week.

If my local supplier was just a little more I'd do that for sure but they only carry it in 24 yd. rolls  and I almost never sell yellow banner. These zenblank banners haver been an ongoing problem but other than that I've been satisfied with what I get from uscutter and I order at least once a week.

Jay I have some small samples made up and it seems that every one is drawn to the yellow. I have it done in black and red lettering and it stands out. I have the black with yellow lettering but almost never sell black. But like you the largest seller is white.

I used to move a fair amount of black but yellow was never a good seller for me. And I push white because my profit margin is waaay higher than any other color I make but I make them whatever they want. Customer is always right.

• Like 1