Sign in to follow this  
JennD26

Issues with Arms registration

I have a Graphtec CE6000, have had it for a year now. AMAZING Machine! Love Love LOVE it. However, I have expanded my business and recently gotten into printed decals. I am using Cutting Master 3, and Adobe Illustrator, I add the registration marks in illustrator and then transfer over to cutting master. (Color layer is turned off, just cut lines exposed)

Here's the issue, The registration marks have to be inside 21" of the paper, or you can absolutely forget about it reading them. Whenever I try to get it to read, it has to attempt 3-10 times before it even decides that it will detect it.

Aside from that, I am having several issues with the blade pressure on it. I have used this machine to cut thousands and decals in the past, never an issue. Now with the printed decals, I can cut out one decal, and it will cut through the fabric vinyl, and even the backing on one decal, but only in certain places, other places will have spots in which it doesn't cut clearly and I have to cut by hand. (I don't adjust it becasue Hey! At least it cut!...partially anyway) and the very next decal it won't even make a clean cut in any spot.

This is where I am completely puzzled, I have been doing this for around two years, and if there is an issue 99% of the time it is a setting on the machine, or operator error. But how can it cut so inconsistantly without me even adjusting the blade?

Am I doing something wrong here, or does this machine just have a faulty ARMS system? (When I cut regular decals through sign cut, not one single problem!)

I was having trouble with reading registration marks also. Try increasing the thickness of the registration marks to the highest number possible. It didn't look much thicker, but it sure dd the trick for me.

If you're cutting PhotoTex, or similar adhesive backed fabric material, then you might want a separate blade & maybe a whole new blade holder too for easy changing. I've just been using the same old 60 degree blade that I cut everything else with so far & it's worked out.

• Like 1