Sign in to follow this  
lakewoodlettering

US Cutter 5 N 1 press, hat press trouble

First time using the hat press that came with the 5 N 1 heat press, DON"T LIKE IT!, After bolting every thing down, NO ROOM to swing the press back over the hat press lower unit,   After removing the lock nut, there was fractions of inch room to move back over the base unit.  Not enought room for hat and transfer..   Must be a better way, or is the HAT press NON USABLE and WORTHLESS?

any thoughts?

I wrote US CUtter and will call them next business day.   Let u now the outcome

george

I have heard the same problems reported by others. I have a swing away but just a 15"x15" without the extra attachments. I saw something on youtube where a guy put heavy drawer rollers under the base unit so it would pull out toward him and push back under the platen, It was a great idea but required some building. 

FOUND THIS:   There is a LARGE adjusting knob on the top, behind the digital control,  It is hard to turn but the top section will raise about 2 inches.  MUCH better. tho wish it was more..   If I do more hat production I would get a different hat press..

FOUND THIS:   There is a LARGE adjusting knob on the top, behind the digital control,  It is hard to turn but the top section will raise about 2 inches.  MUCH better. tho wish it was more..   If I do more hat production I would get a different hat press..

pretty much what others have reported over the years best to have separate presses - one machine trying to do multiple functions doesn't excel at most if them.    heat press, hat press and cactus wraps covers it much better.  In other words a gerber knife will cut much better than a swiss army knife - it is good at the sole function it is designed for (or should I have used cutco knife as an example).  the swiss army knife will get it done but the gerber will get it done faster and better

pretty much what others have reported over the years best to have separate presses - one machine trying to do multiple functions doesn't excel at most if them.    heat press, hat press and cactus wraps covers it much better.  In other words a gerber knife will cut much better than a swiss army knife - it is good at the sole function it is designed for (or should I have used cutco knife as an example).  the swiss army knife will get it done but the gerber will get it done faster and better

I switched from gerber to cold steel. Been real happy with the edge ever since. ;)

• Like 1