Rob@MM

CE 6000 users look in here

This machine is just plain pissing me off. I'm officially over 2 months troubleshooting with this $1300 paperweight.

Here's where I'm at.

post-17229-0-60461900-1391822075_thumb.j

post-17229-0-96544200-1391822103_thumb.j

This file cuts clean on my daily machine.

I'll attach the file for anyone who wants to take a look. 

4drsc.EPS

Tech support suggests checking the following.

-blade depth 

-blade condition

-carriage condition

-blade holder

-track condition 

All of which are fine. Default machine settings per Graphtec tech support.

Every single offset tested. No positive change.

I used the pen tool per tech support, Does the same thing.

Rules out blade/holder issues.

Any ideas at ALL would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Sir, I stated that everything that tech support suggested is fine. I've been doing this for years. The blade depth is fine. You can see in the images that this cut has nothing to do with blade depth anyways. 

I've tried every cut speed. Nothing helps.

I've tried Graphtec studio, SCALP, and Sign Lab. All cuts the same. I've tried numerous files. They all cut like garbage. 

Did you double check to see if the carriage rollers are in the track and is the track clean?

Offset is wrong.

Original Graphtec blade or a knockoff?

try plus 1 on the offset.

And by the way, skeeter in not a dude or a sir.

She is a woman. (smart one at that)

• Like 6

It's not the machine it's the image itself. Zoom in and look at how jagged the lines are in some areas, then go into node edit and look at how many extra nodes there are. If you simplified that part of the image it would cut much cleaner.

Did you make the vector yourself or convert it from a picture?

I noticed a huge increase in detail going from my MH to the graphtec. Decals that always cut smoother/faster on the MH suddenly had a TON of detail from an overabundance of nodes. I had to go through and simplify a few of them because the graphtec spent so much time on the small details that it drastically increased the cut time. Which is a good thing, but decals that I may not have noticed issues with in the past suddenly stood out like a sore thumb lol.

Yep thats definitely a node problem...i have the same issues with my ce5000-60.

Too many nodes and it cuts like crap..because it gets and does all the little details..its a double edged sword really.

I disagree,  I just cut his file above....with my Graphtec FC.  nothing wrong with the file. I didn't change a thing..  Everything is smooth..And this blade is about 6 months old.  Did your cutters cut his file like he is showing  JHew84  and gcextreme?  If it did, then you have problems...

post-3058-0-99599800-1393257527_thumb.jppost-3058-0-83272300-1393257544_thumb.jppost-3058-0-58240500-1393257560_thumb.jppost-3058-0-40720100-1393257580_thumb.jp

there is defiantely something wrong with that ce6000 either the cutter, holder or blade for sure

You can run a Graphtec on USB with no problems..  I have done so for 6 years.  So,, that should not even be an issue..   And serial even better. 

• Like 1