Sign in to follow this  
Go-C Graphics

First shirt order. Need help figuring out a price

I've a buddy opening up a shop and he's wanting shirts, with 4 of his major brands.  I know what you're thinking but I have permission from the sales rep for each to use the logo on the shirt.  It's common for something like this.

I'm going to do them in HTV.

He's wanting 15-XL, 5-2X,  and 3-3XL

2xl and 3xl shirts jump in price.  haha

It must suck to be a big person.  

I'm seeing like $8-10 in HTV.............  That seems really high.  

What do you guys think?

What would you charge?

post-69458-0-39281400-1391749607_thumb.p

on that chest logo.... are you going to do that in one color?  Oh wait.... it looks like you have to do it in at least 2 color.

Depends on how many colors you are going to use.

I also adjust my pricing depending on the customer. If it is an end user of the shirt I will try to get more money out of a shirt vs. selling to someone who will re-sell the shirt. If he is just using them to work in the shop I would sell for $15 around here for a two color on the back and the 2-3 color on the front. If he is going to re-sell the shirts (to promote his shop) sell them around $10-12. Tell him you are giving him a better deal to help him make more money on the re-sell. Buy a tagging gun and use it to attach a business card through the tag of the shirt so people can see who made them. Be sure to thank him for helping to promote your business too. People in business love scratching your back if you scratch theirs.

Just my two cents. People have different pricing for different areas and differing philosophies for pricing/ customer service. Hope this helps.

I don't even know how much time this is going to take.  

I was originally figuring in the price of HTV by the foot but then realized there's a large difference when you order it by the roll.  

Time to redo the math when I get home.

• Like 1

Go-C I like that shirt preview, is that something you found out on the net? I have a couple but not quite that layout. 

As far as pricing I would probably be at about the $10 range for that much coverage plus the shirt. I usually give my discount in the "I don't charge a set-up fee, ever" kind of thing which has scored me a LOT of one off shirt orders and short runs. Then they come back when they have 90 for a camp and I make good money. 

• Like 1

Here in Chicagoland it would be 25-30 if not more, you have 3 presses, on the front 3-4 on the back.

Agreed, here in Colorado that would be $20 - $30 per depending on shirt.

That is a lot of HTV.

however we would probably silk screen it, and that would get the price down between $12-$16/shirt.

Go-C I like that shirt preview, is that something you found out on the net? I have a couple but not quite that layout. 

As far as pricing I would probably be at about the $10 range for that much coverage plus the shirt. I usually give my discount in the "I don't charge a set-up fee, ever" kind of thing which has scored me a LOT of one off shirt orders and short runs. Then they come back when they have 90 for a camp and I make good money. 

I found a shirt template that had front and back shirts in white, gray, and black.  

Here it is.  

Just delete the colors you're not using. 

template045-apparel2.eps

I don't know what it's like to live where some of you are but, that's a 23 shirt order (@30 per) for $690 bucks...

Do you get many of those sales?

• Like 1

I found a shirt template that had front and back shirts in white, gray, and black.  

Here it is.  

Just delete the colors you're not using. 

Thanks for the template!

however we would probably silk screen it, and that would get the price down between $12-$16/shirt.

That's the problem I face around here is there are a bazillion screen printers and to get much of the work I end up fighting for stuff at their prices which doesn't clear as much as it evidently does in some other parts of the county.  

I would of tried to talk them down in colors in possible but in the end $20 up to xl and $22 2x-6x. Better to make a little and gain a customer than lose out and potentially lose any other work that may have come with it.

• Like 1

I don't know what it's like to live where some of you are but, that's a 23 shirt order (@30 per) for $690 bucks...

Do you get many of those sales?

Yes, just did 11 long sleeve gildans for a school red glitter $25. 1 press, they don't even bat an eye. We did it a little less as it was for my neighbor.

Long sleves and red glitter.... dropping $275  is not exactly the same as dropping $690.

I say you're comparing apples to oranges but I get your point on the 'per unit costs'.

This is where I need to learn to be a business man.............

There's NO WAY in hell I'd pay $25 for a shirt and I don't understand how anyone would  BUT

There are people that will and I need to realize that. 

• Like 1

This is where I need to learn to be a business man.............

There's NO WAY in hell I'd pay $25 for a shirt and I don't understand how anyone would  BUT

There are people that will and I need to realize that. 

I'm lucky to get $12 for regular t's around here

• Like 3

I get from $10 to $15 around here for a short sleeve. A business that orders 30 or so shirts i give them a break for $8. That's just one color on the front or back. If I do a name over the pocket its $2 extra. 2x and 3x are $2 higher. 4x and 5x are $2 higher than that.

• Like 1

Out of every 100 shirts I do at least 95 of them are $15 or under with the remainder being in the $20-$22 range. There are people who will pay that, just not that many.

Orders like thise are why I started screen printing. For HTV I would be in the $25 range also. For screen printing 3 color front and 2 color back I would be at $11-$12 each with a minimum of 24 pieces.

Orders like thise are why I started screen printing. For HTV I would be in the $25 range also. For screen printing 3 color front and 2 color back I would be at $11-$12 each with a minimum of 24 pieces.

Do you charge a set up fee or screen fee?