Sign in to follow this  
redlinegraphics

CM3 for osx Mavericks???

Hey so without thinking I upgraded to mavericks so I can run the newest quickbooks. Well went to cut today and found out the hard way that CM2 doesnt work.  I'm pretty stuck here as I would need to go back to apple to remove mavericks. Any idea when rip software will be avilable for 10.9? Or should I just go back to the store tomorrow and downgrade? Help please, big job next week and was hoping to get rolling this weekend.

Thanks,

Dylan

Check Craigslist for a cheap windows. laptop or desktop in your area.    I only use XP anyway. with my Graphtec.   more stable.   Unless you absolutely use Mac only.  Or look for a Mac.  You always need a back up anyway.

Or maybe you have a friend /relative that will let you borrow their spare, until you can figure something out.

Thanks for the quick response. Didn't even think of that. Yeah all I have is mac, ive got an old powerbook that I fired up hoping I can just use it to cut with.  Will I need illustrator or can I just use CM2 and open a AI file in that?

Yes,  I do have it installed,  and have Illustrator CS2. But I have been using Flexistarter since 2006.   It does have a few more features than Cutting Master2.  And can import more different file formats. 

Hey so without thinking I upgraded to mavericks so I can run the newest quickbooks. Well went to cut today and found out the hard way that CM2 doesnt work.  I'm pretty stuck here as I would need to go back to apple to remove mavericks. Any idea when rip software will be avilable for 10.9? Or should I just go back to the store tomorrow and downgrade? Help please, big job next week and was hoping to get rolling this weekend.

Thanks,

Dylan

Why are you not able to use Cutting Master 3? I have been using it with CS6 and CC since November with my ce6000, it runs fine on mavericks.