3barefoot

Needing Help.. Yet AGAIN!

You might try rotating the whole thing and cutting however much will fit on your vinyl.  That might tell you something if the same letters are getting messed up.

Ok so flipping it 90* has worked.. What the heck???

I'd guess tracking. It doesn't take much to mess up letters. I didn't realize how much difference it makes until I got my new high end cutter and all of a sudden I don't fight text anymore like I used to. 

So is there a fix to it.. Or just something  I have to deal with? I just got this cutter in Nov. 2013

So is there a fix to it.. Or just something  I have to deal with? I just got this cutter in Nov. 2013

I had to readjust the tension on my rollers after about a month of use...

Poor tracking is just one of the trade-offs with budget cutters. You will learn some work-arounds to get by. I used SignCut-Pro as a cutting utility rather than SCALP and it has step-by-step cutting that you can set to cut a given length at a time (user defined). This works well for long pieces but not as helpful for text because it's almost impossible to guess a spot between lines of text and if it tried to stop half way through the letters is makes a huge mess. For text I was careful to order my letters in such a way that it ran through them in order one to the next. That's something that is easy to do in Illustrator but I have no idea how to do in any other program. Basically arranging the stack order of the letters, kind of sub-layers. SCALP didn't seem to care what order you put them in it just cut whatever it wanted (I tried it out early on and ended up selling/giving my copy with the P-Cut) Signcut would follow my order of design which was my work around. I don't know what to suggest in your case. 

I have noticed that SignCut Pro working with my Summa seems to ignore the stacking order rather than follow it. I don't know if that is a difference of the driver for the Summa vs the one for the P-Cut or a setting that I have clicked somewhere now that I didn't then but the Summa cuts so nice it doesn't matter so I haven't worried about it and it's less work in the design stage too.  

WELL I spoke too soon!.. The vinyl shifted and I had to recut! This time... It did the same dang mess!

If you can see it happening then at least you are figuring out WHAT is going on then you can figure out what to do about it. 

When I watch it.. It seems to be cutting normal! I just don't get it and I'm about to give up on this job.

Here is a new pic... It doesn't even connect the O or the E.. I even changed the font some.

post-75189-0-38614500-1391626693_thumb.j

The roller for the cutter head right. Okay might have to make eye doctor appt.

I was going to suggest make sure you blade holder did not come loose… that happen to me one

Also making sure your pinch rollers are clean.

both of these would cause some poor cuts.. or worse

• Like 1

Am I blind cause I do not see an issue in that picture.

Me too. I didn't see it until somebody pointed it out.

The finished product! Painted it white.. Put the letters on.. Painted it brown.. pulled the letters off.

post-75189-0-24178000-1391740607_thumb.j

Looks great!  (Except for the 4th line from the bottom...*then should be "than").  Good job, though...weeding all the letter innards would've been a pain in my butt!

Shoot. I missed that one. I have got to go back and redo the 1st line anyways.. So maybe that one can be a easy fix too. Grrr And YES wedding was a pain!

Looks good.. I typically do not point out stuff cause i am a culprit of some things to. But to me it looks like some of the lines are flowing upward.   I would have pulled my damn hair weeding that

It would also help if you posted the software your cutting with and your computer OS. There may be known issues that can be discussed. It looks nice.

I had like issues some time ago, went with keyspan and lost a lot of headaches. Seldom have any issues now.