3barefoot

Needing Help.. Yet AGAIN!

Ok I got this huge subway art order.. WELL when cutting the bottom half cut GREAT... The top not so much.. What happend?? I have tried to recut the top part by its self 2 times.. Even put a new blade in on the 3rd time and it still messing up.. Here are all the pics 

post-75189-0-79964200-1391563331_thumb.j This is what I'm trying to cutpost-75189-0-12107400-1391563397_thumb.jThis is the bottom half that came out fine.post-75189-0-58860200-1391563460_thumb.j This is the top part. look mainly at the Y's E's O's W's V's post-75189-0-87586400-1391563533_thumb.j This is a closer look.. the W in slow came out fine. But it didn't in WANT. Some E's came out fine and some didn't.

I just don't get it! Please help. Letter size is 1.3" off set is 0.33mm and the speed on the cutter is 100MM and PRS is 34G

Is it tracking straight thru your cutter? Feed the whole length thru before cutting and see if it is. Just a thought

Is it tracking straight thru your cutter? Feed the whole length thru before cutting and see if it is. Just a thought

First time no.. The vinyl didn't go straight, I don't know how it got off track. But now YES it goes straight.

I have no solution for your cutting problem, but during a quick look-over, I noticed that line 13's "then" should be "than." -- grammar :police:

And lines 8 & 10 "your never forget."  And line 21'a "then" should be "than."  Not being an a-hole...just tryin' to help ya out.

I usually power that same machine down before every cut. I have not cut anything that big yet. But i have my blade where you can barely see the tip. My offset is set at .35 and i run my speed at 200 with 23g pressure. Also use a 60 degree blade. Also do you have a keyspan connected or straight usb cable?

I have no solution for your cutting problem, but during a quick look-over, I noticed that line 13's "then" should be "than." -- grammar :police:

And lines 8 & 10 "your never forget."  And line 21'a "then" should be "than."  Not being an a-hole...just tryin' to help ya out.

Those had already been corrected when I cut the first time.. just didn't save cause I went back and deleted the bottom half to recut.

• Like 1

go to view and click outline only, that puts it in wire frame look. maybe you have something a skew up there?? Just a thought

Those had already been corrected when I cut the first time.. just didn't save cause I went back and deleted the bottom half to recut.

Instead of deleting change the color and then use the cut by color option saves time and headache ;)

The cutter has been powered off hints I have cut this 3 times.. The size is 24x36" the blades I have are 0.25mm

Instead of deleting change the color and then use the cut by color option saves time and headache ;)

Thanks for the short cut!

Sometimes mine would do weird cuts like that towards the end of my cutting session thou, What helped me out a little was cleaning the pinch rollers and the cutting strip. That might help a little bit. 

My SC cutter does that sometimes when I am hooked up with a USB. You should be okay with just making that into two separate cuts or even more as long as you're comfortable with spacing something yourself. Best workaround I have been able to come up with when in a pinch on my cheaper cutter.

I had the same problem. some what. I bought a keyspan and all is good now. I reinstalled all the software when I got the keyspan just to be sure. not everything is perfect.

*knock on wood*

So maybe I should change being hooked up with the USB?? 

Either keyspan or get a serial card of its a desktop and you have a slot

I have run my cutter with a keyspan since the day I got it. Have yet to have any of these kinds of things happen.

Knock on wood! lol

Yeah of all desktop's... OF course mine doesn't have one... and my computer isn't even a year old! GRRRR!! :angry:

Why don't you post that file and let one of us look it over to rule out a problem with the file before you spend a bunch of time or money or both on the cutter. It is odd that one or two letters here and there are coming off wrong. When the cutter cuts them is it cutting the whole line in order or is it jumping around and cutting some here some there and coming back to the ones that are messed up last? 

It jumps around. Doing a test run of changing the color on the screen. The red part is the one that's not cutting like it should... The black cut fine!

my wish2.svg

I can't see any problems with the file. I would place my bet on a tracking issue. Try breaking the red down into smaller sets to see if it helps. I realize that's going to waste vinyl so maybe try your pen attachment and some butcher paper. It may not show up doing that but you wouldn't be out much trying. I used to run a P-Cut and it would sometimes go a little crooked when doing long strings of text and when it came back for the in-between letters it would mess them up. Usually it was an e or an o or something though so I am still puzzled at the Y and W issues. 

You might try rotating the whole thing and cutting however much will fit on your vinyl.  That might tell you something if the same letters are getting messed up.

• Like 1