Go-C Graphics

Need help with an old decal

So one of my golf cart buddy's gave me a job of replicating this decal.   

Can anyone help me out with the fonts.   

I'll have to get a pic of the whole cart.  It's pretty coolpost-69458-0-69392900-1391486119_thumb.jpost-69458-0-42158600-1391486127_thumb.jpost-69458-0-27524400-1391486129_thumb.j

That looks like a fun project. That's a good example of why I got a cutter in the first place. More to play around with stuff like that than to actually make any money. 

How's this? 

Now my problem.......  I don't think I can cut this small.    The whole thing is only 3"W x 4"H

I guess I'm going to have to get it printed.  

post-69458-0-46232300-1391577766_thumb.p

Letters are approximately 3/16 then? Should be able to cut them. I've done that size with my SC, Just slow it way down. :thumbsup: 

How's this? 

Now my problem.......  I don't think I can cut this small.    The whole thing is only 3"W x 4"H

I guess I'm going to have to get it printed.  

attachicon.gif1972 OLDS_2.png

It looks like you used Impact as a font for those small letters?  The center spots are going to be tricky to weed at that size.  I run into that whenever I try and cut a heavy font like that real small.  Do yourself a favor and pick out the center spots before weeding away the outside...

• Like 1

If you don't mind some consstructive criticism. The wording at the top and bottom look too bold compaired to the original and the letters in the 1901 OLDS should be more straight up and down. Looks cool though.

>:D a little constructive criticism :

the 'horseless carriage' and 'fort lauderdale' font seems a little too bold, its also the wrong font.. the G, R and S don't match the original.. 

the red banner going through the center could be cleaned up a little bit.. (little jagged in the center where its curving.. use less nodes for cleaner lines)

also the yellow outline on the red banner isn't a uniform thickness like the original…

and the zero and L in '1901 OLDS' are slightly off (they either need to be rotated a degree or two clockwise or they need to be skewed a little bit)

yea i think i have a little case of OCD   ;D

I took a picture of a decal and cleaned it up in a paint program then vectored it. That's how those restoration guys on TV do it.

>:D a little constructive criticism :

the 'horseless carriage' and 'fort lauderdale' font seems a little too bold, its also the wrong font.. the G, R and S don't match the original.. 

the red banner going through the center could be cleaned up a little bit.. (little jagged in the center where its curving.. use less nodes for cleaner lines)

also the yellow outline on the red banner isn't a uniform thickness like the original…

and the zero and L in '1901 OLDS' are slightly off (they either need to be rotated a degree or two clockwise or they need to be skewed a little bit)

yea i think i have a little case of OCD   ;D

Thanks  I'll work on it.

I took a picture of a decal and cleaned it up in a paint program then vectored it. That's how those restoration guys on TV do it.

Honestly I wouldn't even know where to begin with cleaning it up in paint software.