Pcrat

Boundary around image?

Was wondering if anyone knows..

When i create a boundary around an image, it only makes a square boundary, i need to have it fallow around the image, 

( basically making a contour ) so i can cut the image, 

Im pretty sure some of ya have seen the tutorial 

but yea, i take for test purposes, i took an image of a stopsign.png  brung it into coreldraw x5

Then go to arrange>Shaping>Boundry but it just makes a square boundry around it?

Ive been running around google for a while now, so i thought i would ask here if anyone has expeirence with it.

Thanks

If you're bounding a png image it will just be a box. You want to vector the image first the draw an outline of the stop sign itself.

You can save as a .bmp and export into Corel Photo-Paint (if you have it) and then use the cut out lab to edit the image.

I'm not sure I'm not sure I's following you correctly.... Why cant you just contour to the size you want and use that as a cut as the boundary?

Honestly I've never used "boundary" so I'm wondering if I might be doing something the hard way :/

I'm not sure I'm not sure I's following you correctly.... Why cant you just contour to the size you want and use that as a cut as the boundary?

Honestly I've never used "boundary" so I'm wondering if I might be doing something the hard way :/

I actually tried that in flexi, but it wont let me cut JUST the contour. if i delete the vector and keep the contour it just tells me no cuttable object.

I did figure it out, yes had to vectorize ( trace) it first in corel, then it would let me do the boundry, But the boundry never lines up with what i printed out on my printer lol. 

so im working with the size, my boundary, , when i import it into flexi, i have to make it .125 larger then it JUST fits...

But if someone knows how to cut JUST the contour in flexi that would help alot!

Im getting closer... 

if i knew i was gonna do printed decals and t shirts some day i guess i would of gone with a cutter with a laser point on it.