Sign in to follow this  
HBDecals

Heat Press (able) Lanyards?

Looking to heat press vinyl onto lanyards, will polyester ones work or will they melt, anyone have experience with lanyards?  Thanks.

Currently use siser easyweed on tshirts and I would like to use the same vinyl to keep down the cost, just need to match it to the correct lanyard material.

sorry mean to say nylon, not polyester

You should have no problems. There is heat transfer material made for nylon.

I recently did some camera straps, poly though.

Try Thermo Flex Xtra

Thank You guys, looking back at my original posts, I may still have been a little drunk from Super Bowl Sunday.  I will look into the the two vinyl applications mentioned, thank you.  My other concern would be with the lanyard itself, can in it maybe melt or even damage the heat press at all?

Polyester can handle a lot of heat, at least 400' but nylon must be used with the appropriate  product and if I recall temp is somewhere around 330'

I've used the white polyester lanyards from Conde at 400°and they held up fine, so those are always an option, and with dye sub you'll have a greater variety of colors and detail...

I have used the easy weed extra on nylon shirts... bought a whole role of pink for a girl who ordered 2 shirts.  the came out great, no problems.... she loved them.  They were shirts for her to wear at comicon.....