im using CorelDraw x6 for designs and a Graphtec ce5000-60, I just started using flexistarter10.0.3 with the Graphtec cutter plotting controller.

Questions:

1. im using a new 60deg blade,blade out a credit cards thickness,force 17,speed 6 & quality1.

I still get some marks/lines on the back of the carrier paper but the image is still hard to weed, what process do some of you guys use out there? should I do 2 passes with lighter force?

2.is using flexi starter better than using Cutting Master 3? 

Sorry, but credit card thickness of blade is wrong   Here is how you set your blade depth. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 3

half the thickness of a credit card. is where you should start. I have always setup my Graphtec like this and never a problem

A credit card is around .025 to .030 thick. (best guess, could be more)

vinyl is .002 to .0035 (average)

You would be better starting with no blade sticking out and following skeeters instructions.

Even half a credit card is enough to snap the tip off setting it up. Then what?

When cutting something a lot thicker like reflective, get a small piece of it and follow skeeters instructions again.

Pull the blade way back in and reset for regular vinyl as per skeeters instructions.

Better yet, get another blade holder and be set up for both thick and thin.

• Like 2

Oh, and the cutting part of flexi is almost the same as cutting master. Same programer I believe.

Now that I am used to it, I prefer cutting master. Saves a few steps.

thanks for the info provided, bikemike what steps do you save w cutting master? because if that's the case I can scrap flexi and Graphtec cutting plotter controller and just use Cutting Master 3.

What the smallest yall cut reflective vinyl? or do you treat it the same as other media?

Easy, get what I want cut the way I want it and hit send to cutting master. It opens, I check the settings and send.

No need to save or convert to EPS and reopen in other software.

Also, if it does not look right in cutting master, I just close cutting master, fix what I need to and resend.

• Like 1

I try to stay around 1/2" or larger with reflective. It's just easier to work with if it's not too small.

I have basically the same setup. I have cut a lot of reflective… the jeep with the digital circuit board for one if you have seen it.

When I get a chance I will post my exact setting and how i set my blade. 

I have never heard of the credit card thing. I'm self taught so I may be doing it wrong but I've had no problems.

Also, my blades last a long time..  ;D