TheKid

Quoting

Is there a post # requirement or a secret handshake to be ablew to quote in this forum? Simply hitting the "quote" button does nothing.

Is there a post # requirement or a secret handshake to be ablew to quote in this forum? Simply hitting the "quote" button does nothing.

Works for me

Works for me

I'll be darned, I've never used it, didn't know what it was for...

Thanks for the tip Kid!

Cal

Yup

Works for me

The MULTI-QUOTE button also functions OK, apparently.

I wonder if your browser is giving you trouble? Maybe? Oh I remember....you need to send $100 to everyone on the forum who has more posts than you, that's what it is. Ha ha!

• Like 5

You guys apparently are not running IE11. See my other thread. ;D

I am using Firefox.

greebie

You guys apparently are not running IE11. See my other thread. ;D

Google Chrome. Piss on IE, ANY version. >:D 

• Like 1

Hmmmm works for me. Maybe your Browser or security settings.

1: Get rid of Internet Exploder

2: Get rid of Microshaft

3: Get Linux

4: Get Firefox

Fixed!

IE has both advantages and disadvantages. Since it is on my machine and the problem are not with IE but the software written for this forum. I uninstalled IE11 and went back to IE 9. There is problems with any browser depending on the site visiting. Your milage may vary.

I hate the fact that IE is integrated with Windows and unable to be removed. Because of that I use it since I also hate the idea of wasting drive space installing a web browser that I don't actually need.

I hate the fact that IE is integrated with Windows and unable to be removed. Because of that I use it since I also hate the idea of wasting drive space installing a web browser that I don't actually need.

agreed, I cannot stand IE, I use Chrome all the way,

IE has both advantages and disadvantages. Since it is on my machine and the problem are not with IE but the software written for this forum. I uninstalled IE11 and went back to IE 9. There is problems with any browser depending on the site visiting. Your milage may vary.

I have not ever had a problem with any site I visit...Ever with chrome, IE Has given me lots of problems and is ridiculously slow.

My issue with IE is speed and if you have a slower internet connection like I do at the house IE is downright useless.

The newest version is much faster. As tooted. But website software developers have to catch up to show the advancements. If they lag behind, sure IE it's going to be crap slow. Firefox and Chrome are stripped versions of IE. Plus Chrome is collecting your every movement. All browsers have hidden agendas. That's why they are free.

Does Silverlight work with both Chrome and Firefox?. I frequent a site that uses SL and other browsers I've tried it doesn't work. IE is the standard all copy and try to make better. There is too much Google on my system as it is. No Chrome here and my IE works fine till the software here is upgraded. I would just imagine if you where to visit the software designers of the forums platform. They are feverishly working on compatibility issues with IE11 since other browsers are a minority to IE's existance. Some of you keep your old XP machines so your cutter stays running. Windows 7 and 8 is backwards compatiable, if one knows how to set the window for that software to run in. Many don't understand MSWindows capability so they call it crap, or the software for the cutter is crap. Same with IE. You can turn off many problematic issues due to software designers dragging their feet. I'll stay with IE, but somehting I won't do is BASH someone elses software because someone offered a solution to a problem that's not Microsofts fault. Your milage may vary.

I personally was not bashing, just giving an honest review. Oh and if you think IE doesn't collect you data as well you need to open your eyes because they all do it some just tell you while others do it back door style. The biggest like I have for chrome is no matter where I am all my bookmarks are available as well as mostof my login info for the sites I frequent. This may not be "safe" but it sure is convenient.

To answer your question about silverlight, yes it works fine with chrome, I don't know about firefox though.

You Chrome is a stripped down version of IE yet it was created because of the demand for a new web browser that did not have the

issues that IE does.

My biggest problem with IE is some of what you have said, they have updated and it has compatibility issues.

However you are saying software developers are dragging and because of that IE11 is not compatible with certain pages/sites/profiles...etc.

But part of developing new software, especially when it comes to something like a browser is making sure it is backwards compatible as well as forward thinking and anticipating new ideas

that software developers are trying out.  If you're not backwards compatible what good are they? (i.e. IE11)