daugheg

good starter printer

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

IT COSTS HOW MUCH FOR A STARTER PRINTER?

• Like 3

And let's not forget that you can get a custom window mesh printed from the big auction site for $80 (delivered) -- you would have to generate a lot of jobs (about 1000) before you recoup an investment of $8000 or so.

• Like 1

And let's not forget that you can get a custom window mesh printed from the big auction site for $80 (delivered) -- you would have to generate a lot of jobs (about 1000) before you recoup an investment of $8000 or so.

true  but if you added shirt transfer posters and banners you would be in the money in no time.

• Like 1

true  but if you added shirt transfer posters and banners you would be in the money in no time.

with what banners are selling for today - you really think so?

the banners sell a lot - for just over cost . . . . hard to pay for that printer that way.  I have a local ups store that sells darn near at cost

wow I thought a starter would be a little cheaper, And I have been looking everything is selling cheap.

Thanks for all the replays

I buy my banners wholesale from a couple different forum members when I need them and I would never buy a printer when I can get the finished product that nice and that affordable w/o getting my hands dirty.

• Like 1

Not to mention having to finish the edges, grommets, etc. etc. Walmart even makes banners now, for about twenty bucks.

Shhhhh. I'll never be able to sell a banner if people find that out.

• Like 2

we are getting around 5.00 per sqft for banners. it's one of those you get what you pay for. I have seen these cheap banners fade in just under 2 weeks. then they come in and have me do them and the last for over 2 years. as for the window perf you don't have to laminate it you can use frog juice on it. yep the holes fill up in the rain but it never peels and never gets foggy like laminated perf does

Slice, check your math. Only need 100 at $80 a pop but that's still a lot.

I agree on the frog juice - it is all I use on perf and used it on my truck personally

• Like 1

Slice, check your math. Only need 100 at $80 a pop but that's still a lot.

ummm - add the cost  of the materials and that goes way up

it's one of those you get what you pay for. I have seen these cheap banners fade in just under 2 weeks. then they come in and have me do them and the last for over 2 years. 

+1 

A local motorcycle shop just called today to order almost $1000 of stickers. He showed me the almost completely white sticker on one of his sponsored race bikes that some other guy printed for him 2 months ago. Yup, they always come back... 

• Like 4

never fails. "I can get it cheaper down the street" I always try and explain why they are cheaper and this has got me a few jobs but at the same time I have lost a few too. I just sit back and laugh

• Like 3