thomasmary

help with this image

Every time I have worked on this image I put it in cut mode and it shows there are several blacks and a couple oranges with there being a couple of pieces in each color to make up all the pieces in that color and I have tried to weld the colors to where they do not cut separate. I tried putting all the blacks together then weld them and same with the oranges but every time I do it puts them out of order on top of colors that they should be under.

I have windows 7 and use flexi 8 and also tried working on it in inkscape. I know there is a way to do it just not got it there yet.

Any help would be appreciated

Thomas

post-12094-0-48754500-1390880260_thumb.j

Bare Arms.pdf

Could be Mark, just can not figure it out. The blacks and oranges want to cut different times and not all at one time like they usually do. I tried moving all the pieces by colors and weld them different ways and even tried welding them with the images all together and selecting end grouping each color. One of those I want to pull my hair out on,, LOL Even tried to change the gradients colors to one color.

Probably just end up making it all black and white.

Thanks

Thomas

Every time I have worked on this image I put it in cut mode and it shows there are several blacks and a couple oranges with there being a couple of pieces in each color to make up all the pieces in that color and I have tried to weld the colors to where they do not cut separate. I tried putting all the blacks together then weld them and same with the oranges but every time I do it puts them out of order on top of colors that they should be under.

I have windows 7 and use flexi 8 and also tried working on it in inkscape. I know there is a way to do it just not got it there yet.

Any help would be appreciated

Thomas

What you're running into is trying to weld colors that are "layered" with other colors. For example, if you weld the butt of the gun and the black on the bear, you either loose the black on the bear or the butt is not on top of the bear. What you have to do is use the bear to cut the butt of the gun before you weld it with the black on the bear, this way only the black you want visible is actually there when you do the welding.

Here's your file cleaned up. You may still want to do some welding or cutting depending on how you want to layer the actual decal.

BearArms.svg

Sorry for not getting back and thanking everyone for their help. I really appreciate it. Been a busy crazy week running and working when I can on vinyl stuff. Again a BIG Thank You

Thomas