Medic121

Hi-Viz lime yellow reflective vinyl

1. Hi,

I'm new to the sign making thing. I'm actually a public safety professional and myself and 2 others got a used vinyl cutter and our intent is to make decals for the local departments for helmets personal vehicles and equipment. Not apparatus just equipment carried on the apparatus.

Here is my question if someone can answer it. Recently I got some custom reflective decals from an on-line vendor in hi-viz lime yellow.

Does anyone know were this vinyl can be purchased or who manufactures it??? It isn't reflexite or 3M diamond grade. Not prismatic at all. Looks just like regular scotchlite but in hi-viz yellow.

It isn't 3M Lemon Yellow.  I got a 3M color card and it doesn't match it at all.  Also, there is no manufacturer marking on the backing paper.

Thanks in advance......

post-84626-0-88890600-1390711641_thumb.j

post-84626-0-13839900-1390711698_thumb.j

post-84626-0-39383100-1390711702_thumb.j

I don't know if it is the exact same but Oracal has some specialty film called fluorescent yellow. The vinyl series number is 6510 and 7510 and the color number would be 029. They should have it here at USCutter, You will be purchasing a 10yd roll. This is NOT reflective in any way to my knowledge. The way that lowest picture is lit up makes me wonder if the stuff you have is reflective at night. 

It is reflective...That's why the title of the thread is Hi-Viz lime yellow reflective

All of the things I bought from this vendor are reflective.

I have searched every vinyl supply site I can find and every manufacturer's website and I can find nothing that looks like this.

Whoops missed that part, just saw the "it's not reflexite" and somehow my mind said it's not reflective. Getting old I guess. I have a color chart from Oracal and there doesn't appear to be anything in their reflective lineup that has that kind of POP. Someone might make a reflective laminate that could go over the top of the hi-vis maybe? Some of the guys on here are printers and know more about the laminates. I just learned what Frog Juice was a week ago. 

Thanks,

It doesn't appear to be a laminate at all.  Honestly this stuff is just like scotchlite.  If you look at the front of the helmet, on either side of the Star of Life there are strips that were applied by the manufacturer.  These are the same color as the vinyl decals I bought on line.

Those are scotchlite but according to the 3M site it's Scotchlite 8887 which is a reflective film bonded to a fabric with a pressure sensitive adhesive.

The stuff I have is straight vinyl.

I doubt you would be able to tell if it was laminated then cut. It would just be a little thicker. 

Thanks for the 3M link but I believe that is the Scotchlite that is heat sealed to clothing, not the pressure sensitive material for vehicles/decals

Why don't you contact the vendor and request the product info? Just tell him you really like the product and want to talk with the local public safety admin and need to know all the details of what the product is. 

The link is appreciated. But.....it needs to be wider than 4" to make helmet crescents, etc...

On that page that mb20music posted the link for, below the sizes it states that it's available in up to 36" widths.

Guess you didn't see the note they had at the bottom..

Roll Width Rolls Per Case Length Per Roll Minimum Ordering Quantity

1/2" 24 100 meters Case

3/4" 16 100 meters Case

1" 12 100 meters Stock item - 1 roll

1.5" 8 100 meters Case 2.0" 6 100 meters Case

2.0" 3 200 meters Case

3.0" 4 100 meters Case

4.0" 3 100 meters Case

Note, 8887 is available in widths up to 36" wide.
Please call to discuss special width requirements.

If you ever find this stuff, and it's not outrageously expensive, please let us know where!

I believe I've found what your looking for as I've been searching for it also! Look for Oralite 5600 (213) lemon yellow.

• Like 2