Sign in to follow this  
talon2000

Software

The new US cutters come with Sure Cuts Alot Pro Design, is this offered as a replacement for those of us who got SBE since SBE is no longer being supported by the designer? I've recently upgraded computers again, to Window 8, and I'm now stuck with the trial wait period, registration notice, looking for updates. 

Yeah that's a demo. What I'm asking is since SBE is no longer supported, and Scalp is the new software provided for everyone, why is it not available for those of us who purchased a cutter and got stuck with the SBE software.

as with any software it isn't free upgrades for life - you get what was offered at the time of sale.  if it was signblazer that is it.  I have bought at least 3 copies of flexi - they don't just give me the new stuff when it comes out.  Now with that said signblazer is still one of the best "cheap" option softwares out there - with the exception of scalps tracing being superior I think signblazer still beats it in most applications - even after not being updated for 6 years.   Scal was developed as a cricuit software for cutting until a lawsuit stopped the sale - add some drivers and now call it scalp - they have made some improvements to it as I understand but it really is not sign software if you are serious into making signs and graphics - many design in corel as it has way more power (I think that is what drives the design side of flexi actually) and then export it to an eps to put into a cutting software.   That way you have the power of flexi at a cheaper price that buying the pro version.

You bought your cutter almost 5 years ago - might be time to look at flexi starter and corel - just thinking out loud

• Like 1

The new US cutters come with Sure Cuts Alot Pro Design, is this offered as a replacement for those of us who got SBE since SBE is no longer being supported by the designer? I've recently upgraded computers again, to Window 8, and I'm now stuck with the trial wait period, registration notice, looking for updates. 

First of all, the designer (Jerry Bonham) is deceased, which explains why he's not working on the software anymore.

Secondly, the primary issue you described about SBE (trial wait period, registration notice, looking for updates) was easily overcome by getting a patch or installing a no-trial version.

Those who use it daily to make signs and make $$$ are not being nagged with trial reminders or updates, because we eliminated them and the software loads cleanly, just as you should be able to.

Thirdly, the suggestion to move into FlexiStarter is an excellent one, and you will not regret doing that and taking advantage of a powerful program.

I would rather pay good money for Flexi, than use SCAP even if they paid me.

• Like 1

Personally I design in Corel and send as PDF to Flexistarter to cut. Very happy with now this option works for me and recommend it to anyone unless you can afford Flexisign then I recommend that.

Well I don't make money off this cutter, I use it for my hobby which is working on Pinball machines. I cut out paint stencils. Maybe 1 or 2 a year. That is when I can get the software to not crash in windows 8, or the cutter to not freeze up. It was a cheaper alternative to having a sign shop cut them for me. So I can't very well afford a ton of money on fancy software to make this thing work.

Why don't you just download the " No Trial Version" of SBE from the USCutter website... Works on my Windows 8.

No nag screens.

I'm working on it. But windows 8 is a PITA I have to get a trial of winrar to work right, then a trial of office to open the damn doc file. UGH.. This is PITA

Ok, so I installed Magic disk to try and do this patch. It's not working under windows 8 just gives an error. What other software is there to do this with?

Where did you download the SignBlazer file from? If you got it from mediafire, that is where you'll run into issues.

I highly recommend just grabbing the following Zip file (use Jzip, quick, easy).

The instructional text file should just pop open in Notepad.

Read it first. (a copy is attached to this post)

http://www.mystat.com/Signblazer.zip

readme.txt

Ok managed to get the new software installed and patch. So no more nag. But now my MH-1351 cutter is not listed. So now the software is useless.

UGH

Not to fear, talon, you've got help right here ---

Simply choose the REDSAIL 1360C driver (matches your machine's 48" size)

That's the original manufacturer of the unit, and this is the correct driver.

Let us know if you get it all working, OK?

Well it finally cut something. My new problem is that the cutter is stopping shortly after it starts now. It took 4 times to cut a 50x25 inch tile. It would get any where from 1/10th of the way done to 80% then just stop in mid cut.

Depending on the amount of detail you may be overloading the memory on the mh cutter. They have a rather limited memory from what I've seen.

Ok new problem now. I'm not able to import .dxf files any longer. It allows me to click on the file, but nothing get's imported.