marysiek123

cutting lmages directly from CDraw x5

Hey all, I have a huge problem.

I have a cutting plotter Graphtec CE 3000-60, Windows 7 installed drivers, changed HP-GL to GP-GL, and i can perfectly cut simple shapes like rectangles or small circles, even small designs but only with small measures like 480mmX500mm and thats all. I need to be able tu cut larger signs like a word that is 480mmX960mm but every time a send it to the plotter it doesn't do anything. Does anybody know what might be the problem?

Huge thanks in advance

You can't do that. You need something to go between corel and the cutter. Cutting master for example.

Do you have your cutter set up as a printer?:huh:

yes and it worked perfectly but and for small or simple shapes - images, like i said before. I once cutted a rectangle that was 20cm wide and 130cm long. but when it comes to more complex shapes like artistic words it doesn't work. like the file never leaves my PC or like it never reaches the plotter. I'm using an USB port, if it helps any

I am surprised it will cut anything.

A cutter is not a printer.

Some of the offshore cutters will cut with a driver and everything set to hairline thickness.

But you are using a Graphtec. you need something between corel and the cutter.

You can export the file as an EPS and import into signblazer and cut from there.

If signblazer is set up for your cutter.

• Like 1

well that's how it worked so far: everything set to hairline thickness. So you say i need another software? like SignBlazer? The plotter is quite old, and i'm afraid it wont be compatible with any software. It use to cut fine with a CastopLite software, but then i had Windows millenium or 2000, and that was about two months before. now i can't install Castop because it's very old software, and it needsfloppy disk drive wich i don't have on my PC.

Signblazer is now free to download.

Check the Graphtec website and see if there is something there for corel and your cutter..

I am sure someone will chime in with the download link for the all cutter version of signblazer.

we can make it all better for you somehow.

Why can't you use the cutting software that IS made for your vinyl cutter?  Cutting Master 2, is  cutting software from Graphtec for your Graphtec vinyl cutter.  It has a plugin for Corel and Adobe Illustrator.  You run on Command GP-GL.

here is the Graphtec page for your vinyl cutter.

http://www.graphtecamerica.com/graphtec-america-support-downloads-cutting-plotters-discontinued-legacy-cutting-plotters-ce3000-series

You will normally choose one or the other (solid or gradient mask).Check the Graphtec website and see if there is something there for corel and your cutter

Corel cuts DIRECTLY from the MH MK2 driver.

I have been using it for over a year now on 2 MH cutters.

photo-thumb-19895.jpg?_r=1396813865

• Like 1

Corel cuts DIRECTLY from the MH MK2 driver.

I have been using it for over a year now on 2 MH cutters.

photo-thumb-19895.jpg?_r=1396813865

Would like to hear how you've accomplished this in more detail if you don't mind. I have a Copam machine but can't get it to cut from Corel directly.

Update: I see you've answered this in more detail in this thread: http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/44302-cut-directly-from-corel-on-mh-mk2/

Thanks.

Would like to hear how you've accomplished this in more detail if you don't mind. I have a Copam machine but can't get it to cut from Corel directly.

Update: I see you've answered this in more detail in this thread: http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/44302-cut-directly-from-corel-on-mh-mk2/

Thanks.

Go to his website... they have not been on here since June 2015.

I think in these cases it is a faux print driver playing the role of the cutting software.  You would need to find that driver and hope it works in the particular OS.  If you can't find it, or it doesn't work, a switch to genuine cutting software might be the only solution.

I agree. It seems certain cutters have drivers that work but the vast majority do not. I've resided myself to believe that using a Copam needs additional genuine cutting software. Oh well...I wish I had more initial money saved up to have bought a better cutter in the first place. But I'll upgrade eventually I figure if things go right.

A lot of this is buyer beware and do your homework beforehand. Thing is, I didn't do enough. I bought a highly rated cutter (from my initial reading) and now I'm finding out after the fact that it's not so friendly with software running Windows 7 64bit, at least through USB connection. I'm buying a Keyspan adapter today and a null modem cable. I just need to see what the cable connector ports are like on the Keyspan (gender) before I buy the null modem cable. I believe I need Female to Female (the port on the Copam is an "outie").