Sign in to follow this  
Wildgoose

Green Energy Font Free for Commercial use?

Does anyone have a definitive answer on this. I looked at three different download spots and tried to find any "For Sure" info but it was strangely hard. It looks like its a Donationware kind of thing but I couldn't even figure out how to get in direct contact with the designer. Several have Albertino listed as the designer and when you click on the donate button it takes you to a paypal spot to donate but the comments in the donation say for "Uleash the Beast" rather than Green energy. So when you track that down it appears to be the same font and says free for personal use and still no for sure way to get with the designer. I may email the address that was listed in the donation box to see if I get a real person but I worry that it's not even the right people.

I have a client that is entertaining the use in a logo and I don't want to get he or I in trouble. I am worried that the font is so close to the Monster Energy label that its all just a bootleg thing. 

My personal opinion is skip it, the O having the line down thru makes me think it's way to close to the original to be used safely. AGAIN only my opinion, but when in doubt DON'T do it is my go to thought process LOL

I looked pretty hard but I can't get comfy with designing a company graphic with the font. It is very unclear in the permissions even in the download pack so i talked him out of it. I have used it several times on misc T-shirts but thats a whole different animal than having a truck heading down the interstate with it on there.