jfronk

Text in a circle

Greetings all

I am trying to create some text in a circle there will be two lines one at the top and one at the bottom of the circle, and am having trouble getting the text the same size and fitting in the circle without being distorted.

can someone point me in the right direction to complete this task?

Thanks in advance Jerry  :huh:

Can you post what you want?  I usually do it in corel draw or you can go to  Sign Blazer type in your text top of toolbar hit text drop down then click on text follow arc and you should be able to get it from there?

Text menu -- Text follow arc  - Alignment above/below  - play around with it until you like the results.

Also, you may have to KERN out the text before applying the arc, so the letters don't crash into each other.

We are in the SignBlazer Elements zone.

By the way, mb20Music, I didn't realize that KERNING could be applied after the text is on the arc.  Very cool.  Nice screencast, that should be useful to a lot of people.

Thanks to everyone that replayed to my post. I am learning a lot here. everyone is very helpful. by the way I am using sign blazer Elements. Trying to learn the software is a new experience for me. Don't have Corel Draw or any of the other expensive software. Just a home hobbyist trying to make a few bucks at craft shows. The videos are a great help, seems like the video shows how its done better than some words. Don.t get me wrong I appreciate all replays and the help.

thanks again

Jerry 

• Like 1

Youtube is a wonderful thing! Good luck Jerry, I usually set up 2-4 arcs with lettering in each It  makes it much easier than trying to do everything in one arc. Start by keeping all arcs the same size then re-size as needed. 

I also make a circle then cut it in half then write on the top and the bottom as separate. It seems to work better. Luemans idea of a whole separate arc would accomplish the same thing. I'm not versed in Sign Blazer but I would expect you will have to convert the text to paths at some point after you have it looking like you want. Live text usually won't just cut unless SignBlazer does it differently. 

SBE takes care of the conversion to paths automatically.

SignBlazer was created for text-direct-to-cut. Easy peasy.

For text top and bottom of a circle, I will make two pieces of text. If I remember, the Clockwise and Counter Clockwise determine top or bottom of the circle.

Go to distort and select the ARC option. You can then drag the nodes to where you want them. If you want the text to be all the same size drag the center node.