tomshrwd

I need help vectorizing this

I just got CS6 I tryed the power trace it only picks up some of the lines. I traced it with a small sharpy and scanned it back in and it did the samething. thanks Tom 

Once you do the trace there should be a pull down menu with other tracing options for a few presets. You may have to monkey with the actual settings and create your own final settings that work good for a B&W trace. I don't have the CS6 version just CS5 but the tools are are pretty much the same. CS6 is purported as having a better tracing engine or whatever it uses to figure out what you are wanting it to trace. In the CS5 version the tracing tools are up along the top of the toolbar and show up once you select the "trace Image" . I think CS6 might have a completely separate Tracing options pop up. There should be a couple options like "Threshold" and "Minimum area" as well as "mode" etc... You might find a preset in the mode pull down that works but I have always had to play around to get the best image possible.

Not gonna yield the best results as is....starting out as a fairly small, low resolution image with pretty light line weight (in places).

Enlarging the image and increasing the resolution will help the jagggies a little but, the image needs more work for a good trace.

Whether that work is done to the current, Raster image, or done to the Vector after tracing, or both...

It's gonna need additional work to become a decent cut file.

You said you traced back over it with a small sharpie... where's that image? Probably better line weight.

you're welcome... I use photoshop and a pen tablet to draw/trace a new clean picture, then raster to vector works great (I use autotrace), then finish in corel draw

I have always been gifted with freehand drafting skills, that helps ....

clean it like you mean it....

You do great work there SignTorch. I'm a fan of your abilites. The only vector pack I ever bought was a huge design elements collection and a group of racing flames and numbers from USCutter when I bought my first machine, other than that I have only purchased one design but I have been pretty tempted by your work and have perused your site several times . One of these days I may have to break down and pick up one of those sets from you. Welcome to the forum BTW! I have almost zero drawing ability by hand but get by ok on the computer.  Sorry Tooter for hijacking the thread.

You do great work there SignTorch. I'm a fan of your abilites. The only vector pack I ever bought was a huge design elements collection and a group of racing flames and numbers from USCutter when I bought my first machine, other than that I have only purchased one design but I have been pretty tempted by your work and have perused your site several times . One of these days I may have to break down and pick up one of those sets from you. Welcome to the forum BTW! I have almost zero drawing ability by hand but get by ok on the computer.  Sorry Tooter for hijacking the thread.

thanks, I tell ya what, through February you can use coupon code uscutter for 35% off any one order

and be sure to get my free samples, and free files at readytocut.com

I just love to draw, and help people, and I admire anyone who does this kind of work, I don't know how y'all do it, dealing with customers and their graphics and cutting all the time would drive me crazy, so I just draw and leave the cutting to the experts, 

Sign Torch is one of the best ones out there for clean vectors.  I had his cd,, but made the mistake of helping someone out years ago and posted one of his images which cost me the permission I had to use them.  So being new isn't a excuse neither is helping someone, like they say if its not yours to give then don't let them buy it just as you had to .

enough said

• Like 1

Sign Torch is one of the best ones out there for clean vectors.  I had his cd,, but made the mistake of helping someone out years ago and posted one of his images which cost me the permission I had to use them.  So being new isn't a excuse neither is helping someone, like they say if its not yours to give then don't let them buy it just as you had to

Bill (I believe), We all live and learn, and since I don't have an official amnesty program I hereby explicitly forgive you and reauthorize your license to use SignTorch products.  I admire your honesty and sincerity (and loyalty) and I do not wish for you to suffer a life sentence so to speak.  And now you can get a discount for your previous purchases toward the super bundle if interested.  sincerely, Gary DeWitt

• Like 8

Gary,   Thank you sir that was a nice surprise that was unexpected ...

• Like 3

Been a while since I've seen somebody make a gesture like that and it's nice to know there are decent people out there yet.

• Like 1

I'd say on both sides! mr300s for still advertising the merits of a company that had clipped his wings and SignTorch for being magnanimous. I think I'm going to buy a vector pack just to show my support. Now which one.....

• Like 2

Gary I am trying to use the coupon to order however its not working

post-2057-0-43417400-1390571300_thumb.jp

that store drives me crazy, it looks like it's working, if not you can add a note on an order like "please issue refund for coupon code uscutter" and I will do it that way.