eky8

Graphtec ce6000-60 cutting uneven depth

I just bought a new graphtec ce6000-60. I have got it set up to cut. But the depth of the cut is uneven across the media. On one side I am cutting all the way through the backing. On the other side I am not even cutting deep enough to weed. Help I have no idea how to fix this.

Is your blade holder down in the carriage head good and firm?  You should set your blade depth like this below..  Make sure nothing in carriage head track,  carriage head firmly in track.  Cutting strip down all the way across.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

Is your blade holder down in the carriage head good and firm?  You should set your blade depth like this below..  Make sure nothing in carriage head track,  carriage head firmly in track.  Cutting strip down all the way across.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

Can you explain a little more in-dept, I just noticed my plunger/blade was not completely on right and when I went to adjust it.  I started getting the above uneven cuts.  On one side it cuts thru the paper and the other side not enough. 

Mine was sitting like this and working fine..  Now it not.

post-5398-0-98793500-1404190983_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Well all I can tell you is make sure that flange is on the lip of the blade holder.  Set your blade like I have posted many times,  then use the force of your machine to get the cuts the right depth..  Do the cutter test cut..

• Like 1

Well all I can tell you is make sure that flange is on the lip of the blade holder.  Set your blade like I have posted many times,  then use the force of your machine to get the cuts the right depth..  Do the cutter test cut..

Did  the cutter test cut. and everything see to be working fine.:

@MZ SKEETER = Hello, we found this thread while trying to search for a solution to our problem.  We're having the same frustrating issue; although we have a Graphtec CE7000.  We've followed the blade cutting depth closely based on the vinyl media that we plan to use - and yet we consistently get uneven cutting regardless of the force setting used.  It'll cut well on one side of the media but on the other side it'll rip through the backing and ultimately bunch up the media while tearing through it.  Everything else seems setup correctly; but we're new to this and are looking for something we may have missed during either the setup or the calibration process.  We're hoping to use this system to add to our business; would VERY much appreciate any advice, even it's a point to another resource, another user, etc.  THANK YOU!!

If the blade is set correctly, it is not possible to cut thru the backing. You have too much blade exposed out of the blade holder. Standard vinyl, like Oracal 651 is only 2.5 mil. plus the backing, SO you  have more than 2.5 mil of blade exposed out of the blade holder, or it wouldn't be cutting thru the backing. You only want a slight marking on the wax paper backing.  Too much blade will also cause skipping, on the vinyl. Put the blade so far in the blade holder that you think it would not even cut, and it is probably correct.You should just barely even see the blade "TIP." Then you use the force of the machine.   You should be using the TEST feature of the machine to set the blade correctly. That is what it is for. The squares with the triangles in it. Then you are not wasting much vinyl. 

We have a similar problem as well on a FC8600-130 (54") The right hand 30" of the material will cut fine, but there is a 12" section on the left hand side of the platen that does not cut deep enough when the blade is set propertly at the right side. It's like the cutting table is warped? (but a straightedge shows it is flat) We tried new cutting strips, blade holders and blades and it didn't help. Perf cuts are good all the way across, this issue is only a problem with contour cuts. Thoughts? Thanks!

23 hours ago, dpeters said:

We have a similar problem as well on a FC8600-130 (54") The right hand 30" of the material will cut fine, but there is a 12" section on the left hand side of the platen that does not cut deep enough when the blade is set propertly at the right side. It's like the cutting table is warped? (but a straightedge shows it is flat) We tried new cutting strips, blade holders and blades and it didn't help. Perf cuts are good all the way across, this issue is only a problem with contour cuts. Thoughts? Thanks!

A common misconception with new cutter owners is that the blade cutting depth is somehow related to the exposed length of the blade sticking out of the blade holder. Follow Skeeter's directions on setting the proper amount of blade exposed and then you adjust the actual depth of cut into the vinyl by the down force applied to the holder.  The blade exposed should be only slightly farther than the thickness of the vinyl and not at any time far enough that it could cut all the way through the vinyl and carrier sheet. It's not much and most people have far far too much exposed. She suggests removing the blade holder altogether and drag it across a scrap piece by hand to verify that it can't quite cut all the way through. (Use a cutting mat beneath in case you do so you don't break a tip). I would also be sure your blade is fresh and not either broken or worn down. 

For many people when they aren't able to cut deep enough they think they need to crank the blade out of the holder farther and this is exactly wrong.