Sign in to follow this  
firstgoddess

I bought a TC series cutter ugrading from a Laser Point - do I need to change my SB settings? if so, how?

I'm having an "Error Initializing Cutter" message.

I just bought a TC series after using a LaserPoint (the red & black) machine with the current installation of SignBlazer (I no longer have the LaserPoint) - Customer Support told me I could use SignBlazer with the TC Series.

So, my question is:  Do I have to change settings in SignBlazer to accommodate the TC series (if so, how do I do this?) or re-install SignBlazer or WHAT? 

I downloaded the TC driver from USCutter Support, but I'm not sure if it installed, as the file seems to be a text file, as the File Type is labeled "Setup Information," and it opens in Notepad.  I, also, looked up the Liyu driver, same thing.  So I can't tell if it's installed.  I have even tried the UK version.

On the TC Series support page, it shows I have to install the driver by going to Device Manager (Windows 7 Home Premium service pack 1) & looking for 'Other Devices' & selecting CDC RS-232 - however, my Device Manager DOESN'T HAVE the 'Other Devices' branch! and a search of my entire computer doesn't show a 'CDC' file or branch or whatever.

AND, I've looked all over the forum to see if anyone changed cutters mid-stream, after installing SB.  But, I haven't found any thread about that topic... I've used SB for years with the LaserPoint, no problems.

So, HELP, lol - I just have NO IDEA what to do next...

Aimee

Aimee - you will have to go into the cutter screen and select setup - look for a generic driver like the pnc-1000 as the guy that developed signblazer died over 6 years ago long before the tc was even thought of

• Like 1

THANX dakotagrafx - I know the developer died - I just didn't know where to go to select a different cutter. 

Ok, I found it but I don't see pnc-1000 - There's:

CoPam 2500/3050/3500/4050/4500

Creation PCut CT630/CTE630 HPGL

Refine MH 365/721/1351

LaserPoint

So which one would I choose? ...not LaserPoint :) I know... 

Unless there's a more recent SB than I have - as best as I can make out I have v6.0.2 - I did find v6.0.5 UK version - is this the same?

I have SCAL - but haven't used it yet AND the activation didn't seem to work, so I didn't want to cut anything yet because it'll make cuts through the middle of the design until it's activated & I haven't taken the time to call uscutter to resolve that.  Plus, I need to find out if I can import SB work into SCAL - I just have SO many previous jobs in SB & I'm used to it - The comments on SCAL aren't overwhelmingly awesome, but I know I'll have to learn it soon-ish, lol - or something else...

Aimee